Local Conservatives

Started by SRMoore, October 15, 2012, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

There's nowt wrong with warm beer my friend! ;)

Cllr Wells made clear at that budget meeting the we DID support the outsourcing of revs and bens + ICT but we did NOT support doing it at that budget for two reasons.
1. The contract had gone out to a very limited number of selected companies and we would have prefered to see it opened up to more competition.
2. Terminating the current contract early would incur a very large financial penalty on the authority.

We argued that it should be put back out to tender with the intention of implimenting it at the end of the existing contract.

mk1

It appears that keeping the 'brand' alive is Well's aim and if that means  looking the other way whilst the cabal loot the  Civic then so be it.
By doing nothing you are part of the problem.

steveL

Read Walker's letter, my friend. The process was already three years in the making - how long do you want to wait for more tenders? The 300 jobs have now gone to Tyneside to authorities that had less of a problem looking a gift horse in the mouth and, as Walker makes clear, outsourcing now is going to come on much less favourable times.

There was no deep analysis on Wells' part in February - he decided to support the cabal and that was as complicated as it got.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

You are speculating that the 300 jobs will now go to a neighbouring authority.

Steve, I was present and participated in the [Conservative] executive meetings prior to the vote and WE decided to upon the two reasons I listed above for voting against outsourcing this year.

Remind me... Why didn't Hartlepool First campaign for it to be outsourced to gain 300 jobs? I don't ever remember any of the HF cllrs bringing this up at the time.

steveL

Why would they need to campaign? It was in the original budget and they voted for it...your mate didn't.

It does't matter, Shane. You're stuck in a groove of trying to defend the indefensible. If you haven't the sense to realise that Cllr Wells is a dead duck then nothing I say will make a difference - just don't get too many recruitment forms printed.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. However Cllr Wells is one member of an association of over 100 members and rising. Four more since this posting appeared. It seems people would just like to be asked.

So if you are a conservative voter and you are reading this please know that we would love you to join us and help shape the local party into a strong and compassionate group that champions conservatism in Hartlepool.

no6bus

so hartlepool has a population of 90,000 and 100 members of the tory party  so it sounds to me like you need a heck of a lot of help trying to get enough people to make a difference, personally with them sort of odds i wouldnt bother.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on October 19, 2012, 04: PM

So if you are a conservative voter and you are reading this please know that we would love you to join us and help shape the local party into a strong and compassionate group that champions conservatism in Hartlepool.

Surely you meant to write 'a strong and compassionate group that champions Hartlepool?

steveL

Do the calculations, Shane.

* 300 jobs bringing salaries and oncosts works out at about  £7.5m into the local economy annually not to mention reduced unemployment costs
* add the £10/£11m savings made by HBC
* add the additional job security to current benefit staff

Just how high did the upfront costs need to be before before someone could legitimately say that it wasn't worth doing?

Unforgiveable...and until someone in your party has the guts to say so you'll never be more than what you are - an annexe of the Cabal that trades its principles for seats on the Planning Committee so that you can swing it for your mates .

SRMoore

Quote from: mk1 on October 19, 2012, 04: PM
Quote from: SRMoore on October 19, 2012, 04: PM

Surely you meant to write 'a strong and compassionate group that champions Hartlepool?

No, I meant exactly what I said. I champion Hartlepool in everything I do and everywhere I go. I don't need to be party or a political organisation to do that.

fred c

I remember the council meeting when they ditched the budget well, the Tory members did exactly the same as the Labour Cabinet members who resigned, Absolutely Bu**er all.

It was a perfect time to state The Tory Case, by them making an amendment to "The Mobs" proposal to ditch the budget, but did Cllr Wells stand up to the parapet & make any such amendment, er er ermmmm , not that i can recall.

The opt out for the ICT department was a classic tory policy that was left on the backburner of "The Mobs" 4 ring hob.

Whoops........ glad i caught that last post.... i don`t doubt you mean well Shane........ but you have a millstone around your neck in council at the moment.

SRMoore

Quote from: steveL on October 19, 2012, 04: PM
Do the calculations, Shane.

* 300 jobs bringing salaries and oncosts works out at about  £7.5m into the local economy annually not to mention reduced unemployment costs
* add the £10/£11m savings made by HBC
* add the additional job security to current benefit staff

Just how high did the upfront costs need to be before before someone could legitimately say that it wasn't worth doing?

Unforgiveable...and until someone in your party has the guts to say so you'll never be more than what you are - an annexe of the Cabal that trades its principles for seats on the Planning Committee so that you can swing it for your mates .
Steve, please do explain what exactly elected members of Hartlepool First have done since May? Their attendance is dreadful (especially in planning where Conservative councillors have to pick up the slack each time) and apart from Geoff, nobody else speaks. I have always tried to be pleasant to your members, even going so far as to apologising to Alison after the May elections for not saying hello at the count. Your comments on here are showing that despite inviting me to this forum to engage in debate, you'd rather trow insults and repeat the same old half truths despite me giving evidence to the contrary.

It's obvious that my attemts to engage positively with this forum has rattled the cages of many members of your party. One only has to read the responses and the names by the side of them to realise this. j

The Great Dictator

300 jobs my ar*e, what a load of tosh, Northgate are already in Wynyard trading.

mk1

I have no doubt you mean well but you suffer from a popular affliction.
Believing than the Conservative Party ('your way') is the best solution to our problems leads you to a perverse  conclusion-our best interests lie in having Conservatives in power. Ergo any way of keeping Conservatives in positions of power is by definition the ends justifying the means. Doing backroom deals is thus(in your blinkered outlook) a positive action. If bad things have to be done to maintain the illusion (and it is an illusion) of power then they are justified as being  in the best interests of Hartlepool.

steveL

Dear me, do you really believe that?

Recruit away, Shane - and the Best of British.