Waste collection PR disaster

Started by Lord Elpus, March 03, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Cllr Dave Hunter has recently posted this on the 'Town of Hartlepool' FB site.

'Please note when collections begin next week, and going forward, if the bin is not closed, they will not be emptied, nor will loose bags be removed. I appreciate the difficulties this may cause for some people, but thought it better to raise it now, than be left with an overflowing bin post collection, which only worsens the situation.

You can take household refuse to the tip free of charge, or where possible see if neighbours can accommodate your bags in their bins if they have room'.

After many homes missing a weeks collect due to bad weather there will be more waste, common sense seems to have taken a holiday

jawsbbc

post been deleted  i wonder why  is it because there was to many complaining  on the facebook article

Lord Elpus

In my book that makes it even worse.  There was a lot of very angry people venting their spleen.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 03, 2018, 04: PM
In my book that makes it even worse.  There was a lot of very angry people venting their spleen.
SAB tried  posting on The mail Facebook page last week and didn't like the replies he got so he deleted it all.  They can not bear finding out how much they are despised.

Lord Elpus

What's the betting we see a massive U turn by Monday.

I wonder what the Deary Me Leader made if it.

I honestly hope Cllr Dave Hunter did not get into trouble for posting this.

mk1

Anth The Good Doctor also mentions it on his page. Fill yer boots lads..............

https://www.facebook.com/CllrMikeMcLaughlin/posts/552871921755052

brassed off monkey

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 03, 2018, 03: PM

'Please note when collections begin next week, and going forward, if the bin is not closed, they will not be emptied, nor will loose bags be removed. I appreciate the difficulties this may cause for some people, but thought it better to raise it now, than be left with an overflowing bin post collection, which only worsens the situation.

You can take household refuse to the tip free of charge, or where possible see if neighbours can accommodate your bags in their bins if they have room'.

After many homes missing a weeks collect due to bad weather there will be more waste, common sense seems to have taken a holiday

"Common Sense seems to have taken a holiday", Absolutely no idea what significance this quote from Cllr Hunter holds in relation to a delayed waste collection, what it says to me is that yet again, contempt for the electorate is the first line of defence for this council.

If he wants examples of the lack of "Common Sense" he should sit amongst the public at Full Council and listen to some of the unmitigated tripe trotted out by some of his labour muckers.

I have also noticed that LabMob councillors including Hissy Cwissy and others have posted on FB only for them to delete the post when they get a load of stick about it.

Who could forget Ann Marshalls Disastrous FB campaign in the recent Seaton Carew by election

brassed off monkey

Quote from: mk1 on March 03, 2018, 04: PM
Anth The Good Doctor also mentions it on his page. Fill yer boots lads..............

https://www.facebook.com/CllrMikeMcLaughlin/posts/552871921755052

Is Anth doubling up as Doc Potholes FB contributor, as well as the SCABS and Cranneys PR man ?

Lord Elpus

Quote from: brassed off monkey on March 03, 2018, 04: PM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 03, 2018, 03: PM

"Common Sense seems to have taken a holiday", Absolutely no idea what significance this quote from Cllr Hunter holds in relation to a delayed waste collection, what it says to me is that yet again, contempt for the electorate is the first line of defence for this council.

If he wants examples of the lack of "Common Sense" he should sit amongst the public at Full Council and listen to some of the unmitigated tripe trotted out by some of his labour muckers.

I have also noticed that LabMob councillors including Hissy Cwissy and others have posted on FB only for them to delete the post when they get a load of stick about it.

Who could forget Ann Marshalls Disastrous FB campaign in the recent Seaton Carew by election

For clarity, Cllr Hunter's comments were within the quotation marks,  these were my comments; 'After many homes missing a weeks collect due to bad weather there will be more waste, common sense seems to have taken a holiday' and not Cllr Hunter's.

brassed off monkey

For clarity, Cllr Hunter's comments were within the quotation marks,  these were my comments; 'After many homes missing a weeks collect due to bad weather there will be more waste, common sense seems to have taken a holiday' and not Cllr Hunter's.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification LE,  Apologies to Cllr Hunter for my misunderstanding of your post.

seaton

The Council cancelled the refuse collections according to The Mail so they could direct the Labour towards clearing the snow. The Car Parks in the town, pavements and the surrounding areas are a disgrace, a mix of slush, ice and snow, where have the excess labour been directed too ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: seaton on March 03, 2018, 07: PM
The Council cancelled the refuse collections according to The Mail so they could direct the Labour towards clearing the snow. The Car Parks in the town, pavements and the surrounding areas are a disgrace, a mix of slush, ice and snow, where have the excess labour been directed too ?

Good point!

mk1

Quote from: seaton on March 03, 2018, 07: PM

Clearing the area around Westbrooke Ave?