No wonder they don't want to publish this report........

Started by mk1, October 03, 2012, 04: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I read the 5 comments on The Mail site just out of curiosity. One of them asked for a poll on whether or not Joy Yates was running the Hartlepool Mail properly - -a bit cheeky but perfectly valid, I guess.  :D

I don't think any of the 5 were nasty enough to be removed - as a matter of fact, they seemed quite understandable in the circumstances.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

It was very irritating to hear in the Radio Tees item constant reference to Mr Walker's infamous pay rise as the reason why the reputatio of the council had been damaged. I've no doubt the episode played its part - but why did they focus on it so much? I believe I found the answer when I read Akers-Belcher's view in last night's Mail because there was Mr Walker's pay rise being given as the reason for the public disquiet once more.
Bearing in mind that yesterday's story would have been written on Tuesday, I would say we are looking at a strategy here. Blame it all on Walker's pay rise and at least you can say that this has been partially put right by lowering the salary of his replacement. This is similar to the standard response to other enquiries which end up with the classic, defence statement, 'we have already put procedures in place which will prevent this ever happening again' which we hear so much.
I would guess that the Radio Tees item had been pre-empted with a Akers-Belcher/Alastair Rae press release which blamed everything on the Walker episode.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Lucy Lass-Tick

Somehow the concept that errors re the Walker pay scenario had been righted by reducing the incoming incumbent's loot just doesn't wash; it's a bit like saying that you've overfed one dog so that it could barely waddle, so it's acceptable that the next one will be on reduced rations to make up for the porky one.  Councillor Lilley's comments during the radio programme indicated that the Walker episode didn't really seem to have been under discussion anyway...

mk1

I noticed the attempt to keep everyone focused on Walker's pay whilst the Manor Mafia keep shovelling money into their pockets.
The idiots really believe they can ride it out and it was funny to see one of the SCABs trying to pretend he knew nothing about complaints against councillors when he (and his partner) are the main offenders!
The time is fast approaching when the Labour Party will have to make a choice. Does it stick with being run by thieves and liars or does it dump the carpetbaggers and get back to its principles.
I wonder who will be Brutus?

marky

I agree with the sentiment, mk1 but the time to do it was last February when the Labour cabinet members were threatened with de-selection by James and the A-Bs if they didn't tow the politburo line. They didn't have the balls then and they don't have the balls now.
Reading the review's comments, it looks like they were pretty alarmed to hear of 15 months of fairly intricate, financial work being dumped in an instant in favour of a set  of fag-packet alternatives. When the council is in such a financial mess, you don't play silly games like that and you don't crawl under the table just because the Mad Dog barks.

Julie noted

This town of ours really is run like a vassal state of North Korea.
Who the hell do the scabs and james think they are, demanding information on which council staff have spoken to the Peer Group?!!  >:(

If at all possible, the Peer Group should be informed of the potential for retribution against those staff members that were interviewed. The law is there to protect 'whistleblowers'.  8)

Just like cleveland police and their alleged 'dealings', one day the 'dealings' of the labour group will be unearthed...and simply saying 'I knew about it but was frightened to speak' simply won't wash.

Why are so many frightened of so few...like all bullys, face up to them and they will disappear.  Roll on that day.

christine blakey

As this is so concerning, I hope that there is a full independent investigation.  It is not good enough just saying that there are cosy relationships.

What are they, when are they, who are they, where are they, why are they and stop them...