Pay your pound, form a queue.

Started by perseus, September 23, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perseus

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/doll-will-be-good-for-local-charities-1-4951302

I'm sure we all do our bit for charity and i'm not knocking the bloke, but this made me laugh.

You can pay your pound and have your photo taken next to a plastic figure that for most of the year sat beneath a desk doing not very much at all... and i think you can have a photo taken next to the James Brown doll that used to belong to Geoff Stelling too.  ;)

notenoughsaid

Whilst having nothing against Mr.Stelling ,infact I have known him by association for several  years and I applaud the positive image of the Town and wider North East he seeks to promote, I disagree with the comment of Perseus.   The crux of the matter is,to use the current "buzz" word "plebs" perhaps we should look at the line up of people willing to donate their £1 or is it our £1.?   Food for thought.!!!!! The photo in the Mail says a lot to me..

rabbit

Nor to be auctioned on eBay either.

marky

SAB has his picture in the paper more than Drummond these days. Maybe that's all part of the plan  ;D

testing times

Quote from: perseus on September 24, 2012, 10: AM
It wasn't Jeff I was suggesting sat at the desk and did nothing...
We got the joke, Perseus - don't flog it to death in fear we didn't appreciate your perceived wit.

popgoestheweasal.

SAB who is against the football club getting the ground but will use the doll of the celebrity Hartlepool fan.
More faces than the town hall clock.

marky

I never noticed that the Town Hall had a clock. I will look more closely next time I pass.

testing times

If Mr Akers-Belcher had a brain, he would arrange a sponsored 'get my picture in The Mail' fund raiser. The way it's looking, he would make a fortune.  ;)

steveL

;D ;D nice one - wonder why he hasn't thought of that.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.