Waste Collection

Started by mala, May 04, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mala

I was in Thirsk yesterday when I noticed on the side of a Refuse Collection vehicle a sign saying that from 1st April 2017 garden waste would not be collected unless you had a license.
I thought this was an April Fool but checking on the Hambleton District Council website I found it is true. Unless you pay £35 per annum and have the license attached to your bin it will not be emptied. It also stated that you cannot put this waste in with your general waste.

I wonder how long it is before the Muppets in the Kremlin try this one here
approx 40000 dwellings in Hartlepool say 80% with gardens so 32000 x £35 = £1.12M
so Government cuts problem solved in one go
Mad Dog will be peeved that she did not realise this

I know that if that happened the hedgerow around the corner would be getting my grass cuttings

steveL

Quote from: mala on May 04, 2017, 07: AM
I was in Thirsk yesterday when I noticed on the side of a Refuse Collection vehicle a sign saying that from 1st April 2017 garden waste would not be collected unless you had a license.
I thought this was an April Fool but checking on the Hambleton District Council website I found it is true. Unless you pay £35 per annum and have the license attached to your bin it will not be emptied. It also stated that you cannot put this waste in with your general waste.

I wonder how long it is before the Muppets in the Kremlin try this one here
approx 40000 dwellings in Hartlepool say 80% with gardens so 32000 x £35 = £1.12M
so Government cuts problem solved in one go
Mad Dog will be peeved that she did not realise this

I know that if that happened the hedgerow around the corner would be getting my grass cuttings

I would have thought that the chances of this being introduced in Hartlepool have just increased substantially now that you have mentioned it on here.  ;D ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

I'm just surprised the haven't charged the tide yet for coming in and out.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.