PHF Wins Seaton By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Is anyone standing from the silent party.[PHF]  ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: testicles on October 25, 2012, 10: AM
Is anyone standing from the silent party.[PHF]  ?

Remember that the words 'silent' and 'majority' are often heard together... ;)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: perseus on October 25, 2012, 09: AM
Shane, by that rationale it's probably best not to vote at all...  ;)

::) :D

admin

Kelly Atkinson has taken Seaton Ward in By-Election

Full Result:

Kelly Atkinson (PHF) 441
Tom Hind (UKIP) 128
Ann Marshall (Labour) 261
Shane Moore (Conservative) 94
Jim Tighe (Lib-Dem) 31
Dave Young (Independent) 193

joebolton

Congratulations to PHF.Make sure your voice is heard

The Great Dictator

Is she related to someone we all know ?

SRMoore

As I said in person, congratulations Kelly.
I hope that you do the residents of the ward justice and be a voice within your party.

The Conservative vote was disapointing, however our result does not reflect our effort. We will continue to push in Seaton and we will always be there for residents should they require assistance.

steveL

I think Dave Young pinched a chunk of your votes Shane.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Well  I never said he would have won....just pointing out that splitting your vote is never a good thing and he would have done better if Mr Young had gone off fishing for Cod instead.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

Winning this by-election was always a very long shot for the Conservatives. When our candidate from May could not stand I took the decision to step up to the plate because I knew that the ward deserved a candidate that would campaign hard and put the effort in that the residents deserved.

I have no sour grapes and I am not looking for excuses. My priority throughout the campaign was to push hard and show the residents of Seaton that the Conservatives are there, we are working for them and we will continue to do so.

As stated earlier I do wish Kelly the best of luck and I do hope she will be an effective ward councillor and be the voice that PHF desperately needs in the civic.

SRMoore

You presume I do this all for me.

Julie noted

Well done Kelly....and well done the voters of Seaton Carew.  ;D
You are at least one ward that can see through the labour mendacity and don't fall for their 'we're of the people' crap.  ::)

I only hope kelly is being given a thorough grounding into what the snakes are like in the kremlin and how to respond to them.

I also hope that we are going to hear MORE from Putting Hartlepool First itself.
I realise they are (at the moment) a small party, but I hope we hear more, now their voice is louder.  8)

Oh to be in the snake pit today and listen to the recriminations....I bet brash is quietly smiling to himself,,,,that'll take down the fat four a peg or two!  ;D

People of Hartlepool, is THIS the start of a brighter future for us all?
Are we going to make people stand on their own two feet and look after themselves, rather than let them stink in bed and hand everything to them on a plate? (The genuine ones will always be looked after).  ???

We can stop being the butt of jokes; monkey hangers, monkey mayor etc.
We just require GENUINE people leading the way....people wanting to put HARTLEPOOL FIRST.
Oh I'm so happy today....bugger the housework!  Well done Kelly.  :-*

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Hopefully this result adds an extra tooth or two to the mouth of PHF that can be sunk into the backside of la(zy)bour.

Shane may not tick my boxes (nothing personal, blame Thatcher for starters) but well done on a very commendable effort, you made me think twice about my vote.

I don't believe it.

Julie noted

It appears to me that Shane is a thoroughly nice Hartlepool guy and really is 'for the people'.  :-*
But, the Tories will never shake off the 'they're only interested in looking after the rich people' rubbish. (Sadly).
Shane would be better off joining the Putting Hartlepool First bandwagon, then he COULD put his undoubted pride for the town to use.  ;)

steveL

The Tories will always be limited to their West Park enclave and even then, I would expect the traditional Independent position of the villages to re-exert itself in 2014 as people get used to the new boundaries so they can't even be sure of the three seats they have in future.