PHF Wins Seaton By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

But you don't deny that's what your guys are happily telling people?

I will alter my initial posting as it turns out that you are correct and it wasn't in the civic. SG told George it on the phone last night and KD said the very same today when they spoke in the One Life Centre. The location is irrelevant really as it's still arrogance.

Perseus, I've never denied HF may well have a head start but I think they are taking the electorate for granted and it's in no way shape or form a 1 horse race. Just because someone has stood there once before does not make them the better candidate.
I've also heard that PHF have been reported for fraudulently claiming their candidate is part of a local group/organisation? And no, not by us before you ask.

SRMoore

You would have to speak to someone in standards Perseus, that's all I know.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on October 22, 2012, 04: PM
It's all over, the other candidates might as well pack up as Hartlepool First have already walked it. - or that is what two HF councillors were happily telling people in the civic centre this morning anyway.

I've seen some examples of pathetic electioneering in my time but that sets a new low.

I am no supporter of any of the people standing but I will  admit a leaning towards anyone who gets up the nose of the LabCon ruling group.
If that bunch of thieving lying toe-rags are worried then I know someone is on the right road..
The 4 main culprits deserve jail but I also reserve a large dollop on contempt for the smaller parties who keep their mouths shut in return for a few chairs.
Perhaps  getting a position where you can help your mates out when they break planning regulations is more important than good of the town?

SRMoore

Electioneering? No MK1 I, like Kipperdip, was furious with the blatant arrogance. If I were lying about it then fair enough but I most certainly am not.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on October 22, 2012, 08: PM
Electioneering? No MK1 I, like Kipperdip, was furious with the blatant arrogance.

All politicians (wanabee's or veteran) are arrogant. If they were not then they would not stand.
Please don't try and flannel me with 'public service', 'serve the community', 'make a difference' or any of the other cliche's used to mask the truth behind the stampede to get elected.

SRMoore

Quote from: mk1 on October 22, 2012, 08: PM
Please don't try and flannel me with 'public service', 'serve the community', 'make a difference' or any of the other cliche's used to mask the truth behind the stampede to get elected.

Believe it or not 'public service' is the reason behind me getting involved in local politics. In 2006 I took an oath of allegiance to the crown and this country; I may no longer wear the uniform but my duty to serve still stands.

SRMoore

steveL

I'm still a bit new at this election lark, but aren't the sour grapes supposed to come after the election?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

It isn't sour grapes on my part Steve I assure you. Of the people I speak to who don't vote Conservative, it looks more likely Dave Young will be elected as an independent. As I stated earlier, it's arrogant to strut around claiming you have taken the seat before it's been called.

steveL

You need to focus on your own efforts and on behalf of your own party - not be looking over your own shoulder all the time. Are you really saying you're shocked that people have an opinion on how their own party is doing? And just how likely is it that when talking about it to someone belonging to another party that a person would say anything other than they expect to win?

I love the bit about Fraud, by the way - if anyone in the Labour Group wants to go anywhere near the word 'Fraud' they are being very brave indeed.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

It wasn't a case of "I think we are doing pretty well", it was two seperate occassions and two arrogant statements of certainty. You and I both know it was wrong Steve and it's the last I'm saying on it.

As for the fraud allegation, that's nothing to do with us. I just heard about it yesterday.

steveL

I think you need to stop listening to tittle-tattle and get on with your own election campaign instead.

Incidentally, the fraud "allegation" apparently comes from a complaint made to Peter Devlin that the Putting Hartlepool First candidate had used the words "Hartlepool Independent" on their literature. As the full name of the party is "Hartlepool Independents - Putting Hartlepool First", the complaint was quickly and rightly dismissed.

Sounds like someone is getting desperate to me.

not4me

I agree, desperation tactics, as is the suggestion that if the TORIES can't win it themselves they'll settle for an ex-TORY. In fact, you can put all the usual suspects together and summarise their campaign as 'anyone BUT PHF'. Wonder why that is?  :)

SRMoore

Actually I'll settle for whoever the electorate choose on Thursday. PHF, Ind, Lib, Lab, UKIP  or me. I just hope that whoever is elected does the job and the electorate justice and not simply become a mute or nodding dog.

Sorry to rain on your parade not4me.

SRMoore

Best of luck to all of the candidates today.

If you are a resident of the ward and reading this, please do use your right to vote and make sure you choose the candidate who you honestly think will work hard on your behalf and will not let you down.