PHF Wins Seaton By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Yes I heard that he was standing too. Didn't he stand in the last Mayor election? He used to make decent chips - I dunno if that counts for anything and I must admit, I'm more of a FishFace person these days.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on September 19, 2012, 02: AM
According to Perseus, that fount of all wisdom, and paragon of all virtue

So white man speak with forked tongue when he say this about me earlier,

Quote from: kipperdip on September 14, 2012, 02: PM

Of course no one's contributions to this site can match those of that 'intellectual colossus' MK1 - such eloquence, such clarity of phrase, such reasoned debate!!!!!!!!!!!.

I bey you say it to all the girls!

rabbit

Must be important this thread as there have been 111 replies and over 900 views.

Something of a record perhaps?

And still over a month to go to the bielection!

I hope the good people of Seaton (all 8,585 of them, babes and all ) will take note of the great interest shown here and make sure that all who are eligible, turn out to vote.

marky

Ken Lupton is a Stockton Councillor and used to be the Council Leader in a coalition between Labour and the Conservatives - a bit like Hartlepool really  ;D

SRMoore

I noticed that PHF have nominated their candidate for the by-election. Whilst I wish Kelly the best of luck, I must point out a failing on the failing in the press release. Considering PHF is supposed to be beyond petty party politics and interested solely on putting Hartlepool first, this most recent article and every other one I have read recently has shown the contrary.
QuoteIt will be interesting to see how many of the tired old faces and party hacks will be wheeled out by the old parties in this by-election. Even more interesting to see if any candidates pop up who are formerly failed party candidates but are now flying under stand-alone "Independent" colours.
Said Councillor Lilley. Come on Cllr, you're better than that. Aren't you? Resorting to petty snipes like that prove that you can't attack or fault me with my policies or commitment to serving the people of this town.

QuotePutting Hartlepool First are convinced that local councillors who dance to the tune of party bosses in Westminster have controlled our council for far too long.
Just as a point of information. The Conservative party is a devolved party which makes decisions independently of 'Westminster' so as to best form policy that fits Hartlepool. Our campaigning for a referendum on the position of a directly elected mayor is a good example, it is the national policy to encourage DEMs and keep them in place. We knew that this may not necessarily the best option for this town so campaigned for a referendum.

steveL

I thought Lilley's comment was a reference to Ann Marshall who's expected to be the Labour candidate and who sent out a sour grapes e-mail to all council staff after she got a kicking in the election in May.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

JB

Can't stand it any longer ... it's a by-election or a bye-election (US variant).  Not a 'bi-election'.  Sorry :(

not4me

"I think if i lived on that ward, i'd vote for Shane."
It would have been so much easier if the lad had been called Shawn....

http://youtu.be/SWdPmapuOd4

rabbit

This by,bye,bi-election is so important to the nation that it is has been whispered in the P.M.`s ear at no.10.

Not that he took any notice.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: rabbit on September 23, 2012, 07: PM
This by,bye,bi-election is so important to the nation that it is has been whispered in the P.M.`s ear at no.10.

Not that he took any notice.

You never know...the P.M. may just be considering a posse of missionaries to civilise the wild northern tribes...after all, we are in the territory of the Brigantes... :-\

Stig of the Seaton Dump

There is nothing as barbaric as civilisation, best we keep away from it.
I don't believe it.

SRMoore

Quote from: not4me on September 23, 2012, 07: PM
"I think if i lived on that ward, i'd vote for Shane."
It would have been so much easier if the lad had been called Shawn....

http://youtu.be/SWdPmapuOd4

Whilst I am a cracking shot I've still to master the horse ;)

SRMoore

It's all over, the other candidates might as well pack up as Hartlepool First have already walked it. - or that is what two HF councillors were happily telling people in the civic centre this morning anyway.

Either the said two councillors know something the others and returning officer doesn't know or it shows their absolute contempt for the electorate of Seaton and complete arrogance.
The electorate decide who represents them - don't ever forget it.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: SRMoore on October 22, 2012, 04: PM
It's all over, the other candidates might as well pack up as Hartlepool First have already walked it. - or that is what two HF councillors were happily telling people in the civic centre this morning anyway.

Either the said two councillors know something the others and returning officer doesn't know or it shows their absolute contempt for the electorate of Seaton and complete arrogance.
The electorate decide who represents them - don't ever forget it.

One simple fact which I've checked, no 'Hartlepool First' Councillors were in the Civic this morning.  Easy to confirm through the security door swipe cards.