War Memorial today

Started by Foggy, November 11, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggy

Went to the war memorial for 11 o'clock... as you do... and I literally have no idea what happened.  Everyone is there waiting, then people start walking away and putting flags down right at the moment the church bells start going to signal that it was 11 o'clock.  People stood round looking confused wondering when the 2 minutes silence was going to happen. Very strange. It appeared that everything might have happened too early.

Oh and the Mayor was there high fiving kids when everyone should have been silent.

Was anyone else there who can shed some light on what was going on?

Land Phil

Maybe their clock was on Tees Valley time.

akarjl

Quote from: Foggy on November 11, 2016, 11: AM
Mayor was there high fiving kids when everyone should have been silent.

Epitomises the typical politicians view point= another photo opportunity not to be missed. Show some bloody respect for gods sake.

birdie

Just watched Look North which featured the scene at the War Memorial. I don't think it was editing by the BBC but I am sure the Mayor was shown turning and talking to someone during the minute silence. Have some of our councillors no idea of  how to behave? Think I know the answer. Then to put icing on the cake later in the news bulletin it featured Mr. Cranney talking about the plans for the museum and Jacksons Landing in Artlepool!!

fred c

mmmmmmm If someone did see the mayor speak to someone during the 2 minutes silence........ it would be pertinent of that person to email the CEO Ms G Alexander & mention it........ Both she & The LabMob appear to be on a 'Respect' campaign, it wouldn't do to have one law for the plebs & another for the hoi polloi

Foggy

In all honesty it just wasn't clear when the two minutes silence was.  By the time it was 11 o'clock the flags were lowered and the various ex-servicemen dispersed.  That happened before the Mayor spoke to anyone. 

It just seemed as though someone's watch was fast and the silence happened before it should have.  It was confusing and most people there looked very puzzled (and disappointed) by the whole thing.

Land Phil

Did they manage the p**s up in the brewery afterwards ?

Any Councillors telling DJs to f'off this year ?

akarjl

Quote from: Land Phil on November 11, 2016, 04: PM
Did they manage the p**s up in the brewery afterwards ?

Any Councillors telling DJs to f'off this year ?

It would appear not, the mask/muzzel must be working?

Heknocks68

Quote from: Foggy on November 11, 2016, 04: PM
In all honesty it just wasn't clear when the two minutes silence was.  By the time it was 11 o'clock the flags were lowered and the various ex-servicemen dispersed.  That happened before the Mayor spoke to anyone. 

It just seemed as though someone's watch was fast and the silence happened before it should have.  It was confusing and most people there looked very puzzled (and disappointed) by the whole thing.
Were was our Armed Forces Champion?

mk1

Quote from: Heknocks68 on November 13, 2016, 10: PM

Probably  belching and farting in St Johns.

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2016, 10: PM

Class, absolute class just choked on my toast n coffee , p***ing myself laughing.

Was lying Ste there displaying his "medal"? Did anyone ever figure out what that was allegedly for? Advanced joined up writing under stress in the Kremlin?

Heknocks68

Quote from: akarjl on November 14, 2016, 06: AM
Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2016, 10: PM

Class, absolute class just choked on my toast n coffee , p***ing myself laughing.

Was lying Ste there displaying his "medal"? Did anyone ever figure out what that was allegedly for? Advanced joined up writing under stress in the Kremlin?

I see the humour here, but honestly , this day of remembrance comes around each year, surley these so called "champions" and "leaders" can treat it with the decorum and solemnity it rightfully deserves.
That's not asking to much, is it?