UKIP Leader resigns

Started by Lord Elpus, October 04, 2016, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Can someone copy this article to the forum? I'd say it ought to be compulsory reading for all though I'm amazed it appears in the Daily Mail

Lucy Lass-Tick

steveL

Well no one can say UKIP don't have a certain entertainment value

UKIP Leadership front-runner seriously ill after altercation

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

The papers are alleging Mike Hookem threw the punch. He's an ex-Royal Engineer from Hull.

He's UKIP defence secretary...

What is it about ex-engineers who enter politics?

mk1

This is the thick-eared lout in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT8Zo1BQ2qU

Watching him it is painfully obvious the man is struggling to read mumble  his own prepared speech. Obviously  not the brightest bulb in the box. Typical UKIP member. Loud-mouthed, opinionated, ill informed and ready to 'fight' for his beliefs. 'Fight' being a euphemism for ending all opposition with a punch.
No wonder we have seen a surge in attacks on immigrants with 2 recent  murders directly due to the haters. The trial of the hater who shot Jo Cox is also back in the headlines.

Be interesting to see what happens to the thug. I suspect a cover-up where it will be claimed the victim 'fell and hit his head' whilst the animal who did it keeps his job. In any other political Party he would be suspended by now and expelled after due process.
I wonder if Tom will  let us know how he feels about it?

DRiddle

You're assuming of course that Tom actually knows what's happened. It's only been all over the national media for several hours. I'd say it'll be sometime over the weekend, probably when he buys his copy of The Mail on Sunday, before we hear Toms thoughts on the matter.

As for George, I'm not entirely sure he's aware David Cameron has resigned just yet  ;)

not4me

Hook 'em Hookem?   ;D ;D ;D  This just gets better and better......  ;D

Just been reading the BBC News website about all this. It says their sponsor Aaron Banks is ready to leave UKIP if either Neil Hamilton or Douglass Carswell aren't booted out. Carswell is their only MP so that would leave UKIP as the only national party without an MP - good move?

steveL

Listening to Theresa May's speech yesterday, I'd say the Tories have stolen UKIP's clothes. I can't see Carswell staying in UKIP for more than a few days and the Tories will welcome him with open arms but maybe he will wait long enough for their banker to quit.

If Aaron Banks goes then their other sponsor will want his £200,000 loan back and given that the party is already £800,000 in debt I can see the possibility of bankruptcy being declared.

I'd say we are looking at a dead parrot here and it's now down to the choreography.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: DRiddle on October 06, 2016, 05: PM
You're assuming of course that Tom actually knows what's happened. It's only been all over the national media for several hours. I'd say it'll be sometime over the weekend, probably when he buys his copy of The Mail on Sunday, before we hear Toms thoughts on the matter.

As for George, I'm not entirely sure he's aware David Cameron has resigned just yet  ;)

Had the strangest conversation with UKIPPERS in Marine Drive yesterday. Seemed nice enough people but so unaware of what goes on within the council that I was taken aback. Extraordinarily blinkered views of things - they'd never even heard of PHF, for example and their motivation for getting rid of Labour was clearly and entirely so that they could be top dog; not particularly because Hartlepool would be a better place for it.

By the end of it, I was left feeling that I'd been talking to some kind of religious sect, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, rather than a political group. Quite creepy really.

mk1

Newsnight just did a report on the 'fight' and from the way the UKIP officials were waffling it is clear a cover-up is in operation.  We can expect the final result will say that the pair got into a heated argument and a pre-existing medical problem with one of the protagonists resulted in him collapsing shortly after.  The UKIP spokesman was asked straight out if someone who challenges another MP to a fight should be allowed to become leader of the party and the  rambling answer he gave pretty much confirms that he does not see something like a fist-fight being a bar to office!

mk1

News is that the injuries are consistent with a punch

bruising on his face consistent with a punch, with contusions on the back of his head suggesting it hit the floor following his fall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828482/Ukip-MEP-punched-Doctors-say-Steven-Woolfe-s-injuries-prove-attacked-suffered-just-seizure-fall.html#ixzz4MW1yJIaW

The UKIP spin machine is desperately trying to  keep the lid on this and the two buffoons are denying they came to blows despite Wolfe clearing saying several times in his first interviews that he was punched.
However the thick-eared ex-squaddie let the cat out of the bag in a C4 interview where he said (not exact words) 'he offered me out and being from Hull I had to step outside with him. We never came to blows'
He slipped when he added 'I don't think he will be doing that again'.
Why not if he  never  punched him?
Some confusion about his military record as well, Claims to have been a RM but he served 4 years in the RAF and then in the reserves as a RM

The EU Parliament are holding an enquiry so that is going to be fun when it is completed.

How UKIP see their first Parliamentary Term ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKIIv2_cNI

mk1

Here is Nigel today  defending Trump and his terrible comments about women. It seems Nigel believes this type of talk is normal-what a surprise!

https://youtu.be/XnONTyTG9hg?t=12m45s

Notice that he mentions John Prescot punching that bloke with a mullet but fails to reference UKIPs  hand-to-hand combat in Europe.
Also at the end Nigel brushes aside the huge fall in the £ as some great benefit-what happened to all the claims the Euro would collapse without the UK bankrolling the EEC?

mk1

This story just gets better and better
Annabelle Fuller who was outed as Farage's mistress in 2014 (by a transgender UKIP MEP  no less ) has changed her name to Trixy Sanderson and is working for the thug Hookem  who punched Steven Woolfe. It seems Emails have been leaked which show the hatred for Dianne James who was forced out of office after just 3 weeks.  UKIP is a party riven by thuggery, back-stabbing and name-changing gold-diggers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828745/Nigel-Farage-ex-mistress-dragged-Ukip-leadership-farce-claims-regarded-successor-Diane-James-utter-b.html

In case anyone has forgotten a recent trial showed that Farage planted spies in the offices of MEPs he felt disrespected him and hacked at least one Lap-top in his quest to destroy all oppposition .