der Fuhrer's Letter

Started by ashamedtobebritish, May 25, 2016, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashamedtobebritish

Posted this just for fun as I had nowt better to do for 20 minutes....

Spot the difference !

fred c

Yep election over & The Mail is immediately back on track, they have already started the censoring of articles that criticise Cwissy & his newly formed clowncil.

Inspector Knacker

Easy to spot the difference, the one on the right has a human head.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

One is a jealous megalomaniac that lies and oppresses democracy as the people he represents suffer poverty, deprivation, poor healthcare, high mortality and unemployment, while the other one ...

Lord Elpus

I understand CAB has emailed all HBC staff telling them the futures safe the futures orange, and not to worry because he has great Leadership skills.

One member of staff has already framed her copy and placed it next to a picture of 'The Leader' at her work station.

Such is the love and affection ordinary Council workers feel towards the 'Great Leader'.

Lord Elpus

One Council insider has sent me a copy of CAB's email, she has added her own comments in red which I'm told reflect the opinion of the majority.

'Dear colleague,

Message from Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, the Leader of Hartlepool Council

Following the recent local elections, in which I scraped home by 80 votes, largely thanks to harvesting postal votes from the deluded and senile, I am emailing to let you know that I will be continuing as Leader of the Council for the forthcoming municipal year. As you know, although I'm despised by many of the Labour group, most of them are more than happy to simply sit there and do nothing for 4 or 5 hundred pounds a month to take me on.

There is much for our Council and all its employees to celebrate for what we have achieved over the last couple of years and I would like to thank you for contributing to that success.

Moving forward, there will be no let-up in our ambition to achieve the very best for our town and in particular for the local community that we are here to serve. We will not let the ongoing Government cuts distract us from what we are striving to achieve and I am extremely positive about the town's future. In particular I'm convinced we will very soon have the giant Ferris wheel which will rival the London Eye next to Jackson's Landing. I know I first showed you the drawings for this well over 2 years ago, and the cynics within our council doubted me, but I promise you, it's coming very soon. So is the local plan, the sale of Jackson's Landing, 8,000 new jobs and all of the other things I promised you many years ago.

Next month the National Museum of the Royal Navy will join forces with the Council to create a tourist attraction of international standing in the Marina. This is a huge boost for the town and provides us with the potential to attract visitors from far and wide.  As you know, Councillor Cranney is heavily involved in this project, as well as various other regeneration and tourism initiatives across the town. With his experience running 25 businesses over the years, what could possibly go wrong?

We've also been successful in levering in significant external funding to breathe new life into Church Street and with work starting on the new £11m Cleveland College of Art & Design, this area will be transformed over the next couple of years to become a centre for innovation and skills. All of this precedes my time as council leader, but obviously I'll be jumping all over this and claiming all of the credit.

In addition, Hartlepool has led on a major youth employment initiative on behalf of the Tees Valley which has resulted in £19m of funding to help 6,500 young people into education, employment or training. Again, Councillor Cranney will be one of the custodians of the money, as was the case with the 'Who Cares North East' initiative he set up with former councillor Angie Wilcox. Therefore, the success of this project is virtually 100% guaranteed.

Education remains a top priority for our Council and we have set ourselves the goal of ensuring that every Hartlepool school is rated either "good" or "outstanding" by Ofsted. Young people are our future and we are well on the way to achieving this ambitious target.  Well I say 'well on the way', we're actually nowhere near and we were recently ranked amongst the worst areas in the country for education. But I'm sure Alastair in the press department will be able to spin it so we look like we know what we're doing.

There continues to be a high level of interest from businesses keen to invest in Hartlepool and this is evident by the wide range of housing and retail development taking place. Hartlepool is a town with many great assets and I'm determined to work hard and in partnership with others to realise its full potential.  For example, Costa coffee plan to open an outlet, and hardly anywhere else in the country has one of those. The cynics from across the floor to me in the council chamber may well point out that a growth in housing does not indicate a growth in business and to conflate the two is misleading. However, as you know, I never mislead people and I can confirm Hartlepool's council tax is one of the lowest in the country.

We are one council, aside from UKIP, PHF and Thompson, who I will continue to freeze out. Staff play a massive part in everything that we do that impacts on people's lives on a day-to-day basis. I would like to thank you again for your continued support and commitment, and despite the challenges we continue to face I am looking forward to exciting times ahead.  We have spent time planning for, and establishing, the foundations for further success and I am confident we will now see this hard work deliver significant benefits for the town. 
If you click here it will take you to details of the other key Council committee appointments which were approved at a meeting of the Full Council last night. They will be appointed by a panel comprising of Alan Barclay and Marjorie James. What could go wrong?

Best Wishes

Alnwickist

fred c

Why does this egotistical tosspot feel the need to email HBC employees, surely he only needs to inform the CEO as to who is the leader of the council.

Apart from anything else what has it cost in time & as we all ( apart from the LabTor Mob ) realise time is money.

Does he really think that employees of the council give a flying tom duck what he says or thinks about anything, they don't, he is considered to be a laughable, prima donna, by the majority of people in the civic.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Land Phil on May 25, 2016, 10: PM
One is a jealous megalomaniac that lies and oppresses democracy as the people he represents suffer poverty, deprivation, poor healthcare, high mortality and unemployment, while the other one ...

Is a possible megalomaniac, narcissistic that oppresses democracy as the people he represents suffer poverty, deprivation, poor healthcare, high mortality and unemployment. 

DRiddle

Nobody believes a damn word he says anyway. Take this as an example.

Quote"Hartlepool Labour Group does not support any rise in the basic allowance paid to councillors.

"Our core values, supported by the communities we represent across the town, are built on a foundation of fairness.

"With so much child poverty, unaffordable energy and heating bills, rent rises, hunger and homelessness it would be obscene to accept any rise no matter how small."

Later, he and the Labour group then voted to accept an "obscene" rise in the basic allowance paid to councillors.

Only in Hartlepool.

steveL

This letter seems to have caused quite a stir in its varuous forms. Fortunately, we have a copy of the original before it was put through the spin dryer by Alistair.

Hiya 'Huns,
Hey, guess what? . . . I'M BACK!

I KNOW!
. . . I can't believe it either. Mind you, it were close, just 80 votes . . . like PHEW!

Oh and before we go any further, that Postman Pat costume for Allan Barclay was hired months ago and had nothing to do with postal votes. Honestly, some people.

Anyway, I'm back and still 'Leader of the Gang' (LOL) so I just thought I'd let you know because I know you'll all be over the moon for me. Bless.

So where do we go now?

Well I'm celebrating by having The Leader's (that's Moi :) ) office decorated again. I'm going all Feng Shui this time and getting rid of any clutter. I've started by getting rid of Carl ( ;D ;D  - only joking, sweetie). Then it's another well deserved holiday for me and the handsome Ste but I thought I'd better let you know my plans.

There's lots of things to be done so it's going to be another busy year. Firstly, I'm so glad to be given another chance to put right what we messed up last time around. Our priority has to be to find that bloody money that went missing from the £19m Youth Employment Initiative before 2018. It has to be somewhere. I just hope it isn't half way down the A1.

Secondly, education is one of our top priorities so I've decided to send any councillors who still  think there are only 24 letters in the alphabet on Functional Skills courses.

We've already made a start for the next year and have made a few appointments and changes to the committees.

The council's Planning Committee has previously been criticised as being everything from inconsistent to corrupt. So to make sure everyone understands that it's both, we've appointed my own Ste to be its new Chairman. Ste will bring to the role the level of integrity and honesty that we've all come to expect from him.

At the same time, we've re-appointed Cllr Cranney as Chair of Regeneration Services. Kevin has the experience of not only running his own company but 26 of them. Again, the moaning Minnie's have criticised Kevin in the past, especially since the Department of Trade and Industry pursued him through the courts and after that totally biased Judge described him as being 'incompetent' as a business man. I mean, who the hell is a Judge to say what's wrong and what's right? Horrible man but then some people are like that aren't they? - unable to see when they are in the wrong.

I believe that everyone deserves a 27th chance. After all, not ALL of those companies resulted in loan defaults, environmental licence breaches, jail sentences, unpaid creditors or people made unemployed and left with no redundancy money - not all at once, anyway - and I'm totally confident that he's the right man to be put in charge of things like the £19m Tees Valley Youth Employment Initiative.

I also ask for you all to give your full support to Kevin as he battles with his own demons. I know many of you, along with others, have noticed his occasional erratic behaviour. Sometimes this has happened in public and sometimes has even attracted the attention of the national press.

An addiction is NOT something to be sniffed at and an addiction to Wedding Cake is one of the most difficult battles to win.

There's also been lots of talk that the council is anti-democratic and has done lots of things to prevent the public from scrutinising what we've been up to but it isn't true.
Only recently we decided to throw open the chance to become a Hartlepool councillor to people from other towns; not just Hartlepool itself – the first council to do so.

There's lots of other things we need to do. We need to get closer to our communities; not just our neighbourhoods but the business and health communities too. We need to know exactly what's going on in each of them so that we can claim credit for more things. We need to improve the council's complaints procedures; there are still too many complaints getting through and we need to expand the free bungalows for councillors scheme beyond immediate family members as well as introduce legal aid for councillors to meet an expected increase in demand.

It's these kind of initiatives which have helped make Hartlepool Borough Council what it is today.

The next year will be a busy but exciting journey and I hope that you will all come along and enjoy the ride.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

I think all council employees are entitled to see this 'original' version. It is IMHO a far more accurate picture of reality than the one sent out.

Lord Elpus

I understand Chwist has had a mini witch hunt to try and find the HBC employee who leaked his letter.

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on June 07, 2016, 10: PM
I understand Chwist has had a mini witch hunt to try and find the HBC employee who leaked his letter.

How perverse is it, that someone can conduct a witch hunt against an employee of the council, yet when the boot was on the other manicured foot... made a bundle of cash out of it.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on June 08, 2016, 12: PM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on June 07, 2016, 10: PM

How perverse is it, that someone can conduct a witch hunt against an employee of the council, yet when the boot was on the other manicured foot... made a bundle of cash out of it.

Assuming that CAB and Co found who the 'culprit' was.....what would/ could they actually do?  Sack them for gross misconduct ::)....then maybe the 'culprit' could take advice from ....mmmm....SAB!  Anyone with any 'nouse' who may be intimidated by the mob, could sue them for £1000KKK's, and hopefully get them either jailed or at the very least, removed from office!