Cover Up

Started by not4me, February 25, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

I'd be concerned about the statement, "He had kept out of trouble for the last two years and was in a new relationship."

What does that mean exactly? It suggests that he had been 'in trouble' two years previously and had perhaps been warned about his behaviour but surely any kind of behaviour of this sort would not be tolerated as a Youth Worker. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this but if this is the case then it's a deplorable situation if young girls were allowed to be placed at continued risk just to save the organisation and the council embarrassment.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

not4me

The Mail story is listed as 'trending' on their site so there must be a lot of interest in it but they're still not allowing comments. Maybe because people might ask the same questions they are asking on here.

marky

I see what you mean. A wrap on the knuckles and told not to do it again. Now that would have been very naughty if that's what's happened but how do we find out?

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: for fawkes sake on March 01, 2016, 11: AM
I'd be concerned about the statement, "He had kept out of trouble for the last two years and was in a new relationship."

What does that mean exactly? It suggests that he had been 'in trouble' two years previously and had perhaps been warned about his behaviour but surely any kind of behaviour of this sort would not be tolerated as a Youth Worker. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this but if this is the case then it's a deplorable situation if young girls were allowed to be placed at continued risk just to save the organisation and the council embarrassment.
Could be down to the fact the offences came to light 2 years ago, the report states his current age of 36 yrs and he was 33/34 yrs old at the time he committed them, so may have been on bail since.

No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

marky

"Adam Johnson trial live: Instant updates as we await verdict"

A case of 'Compare and Contrast'

Read more: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news#ixzz41kEztlP2"

not4me

the story has disappeared altogether off the Mail website while I count 7 stories on Adam Johnson today including the chance 'to re-live the most dramatic moments of the trial'

seaton

Quote from: not4me on March 03, 2016, 09: AM
the story has disappeared altogether off the Mail website while I count 7 stories on Adam Johnson today including the chance 'to re-live the most dramatic moments of the trial'

I emailed The Mail asking why the Johnson story was getting so much coverage, replies from 2 different people basically stating Johnson lives in Castle Eden and his now ex girlfriend is from Hartlepool so it's local news.

mk1

Quote from: seaton on March 03, 2016, 11: AM

I emailed The Mail asking why the Johnson story was getting so much coverage, replies from 2 different people basically stating Johnson lives in Castle Eden and his now ex girlfriend is from Hartlepool so it's local news.

The Johnson story is national news. As such it is manna for a local newspaper. It gets to write the story and in the main it is the locals who sell the story on to the nationals so it makes money and the reporter gets his name in lights. Forget all the crap about 'local news' because money is all that matters. There is not a penny to be made out of a local wierdo so no one (at the newspaper) cares about it. I dare say every one of the JP locals has this story plastered on the front page so people in Portsmouth will be sending in the same complaints.
This should tell you all you need to know about how 'local' the Mail is. 0191 is the area code for Sunderland

WhatTheHeck

Doesn't explain how this case has gone through the full process of law, from his first appearance at Hartlepool Mags Court, to his sentencing at CC, without there being any local press coverage.

Compare this case to that of a local funeral director who's every appearance has been front page news !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

crisstw

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on March 03, 2016, 01: PM
Doesn't explain how this case has gone through the full process of law, from his first appearance at Hartlepool Mags Court, to his sentencing at CC, without there being any local press coverage.

Compare this case to that of a local funeral director who's every appearance has been front page news !

I know, it cries out "cover up".

mk1

It is nothing new. You always had the option of keeping anything bad out of the paper if you 'knew' the reporter. I  know of one quite large Drug conviction that never got into print simply because the accused was mates with a reporter.
What should be a concern is how this family who appear to be close to a councillor got the jobs anyway. It seems in Hartlepool once something gets funding then every relative lands a well paid job and no one is refused a post. Given the way councillors are even  marrying into each others family it is no wonder most are inbred degenerates with the IQ of a turnip.
Even those who attended special needs schools can attain high office in 'Artlepool!

Inspector Knacker

It would be nice to know the educational achievements of all our councillors,  or lack of.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

grim reaper

This whole business stinks.
Not only has HBC kept things 'under wraps' for months (years?), but Cleveland police have also not carried out their usual 'dawn raid' and then hit the press with the story. I wonder why?
Not to mitigate what Johnson did but at least he wasn't contacting 13 year olds and asking them to find 'someone younger' and asking them for 'threesomes'.

Johnson's teenager was chasing him, he just didn't have the strength of character to resist the temptation.
Wise is a completely different type of pervert and more dangerous, in my mind. I wonder if it's because his father is an ex policeman, a director of the 'Kilmarnock Road charity', as well as West View and an all round good guy to labour, as to the reason why a lid has been kept on the case?

After he was discovered, how long was he kept in employment at the West View charity? Who knew from the outset but said nothing?
As an aside, how did he afford to have a 3 bed detached house in Bishop Cuthbert, on the wages the charity pays?
Lots of questions but we'll never receive answers.