War Declared

Started by steveL, December 22, 2015, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

This one looks like a declaration of war.

Still, Calamity Chris is right about one thing; "abuse is abuse". So as one fat, middle-aged, wanna-be journalist once said, - "Am I Bothered?"

SAFER HARTLEPOOL PARTNERSHIP

PRESS RELEASE

Website tackles online abuse

COMMUNITY safety bosses in Hartlepool are reminding residents about a new online abuse website.

The site – which can be found at www.stoponlineabuse.org.uk – helps people take action against offensive, damaging or threatening online content and also offers practical advice on how to report abusers.

Online abuse is any type of abuse that happens on the web, whether through social media, playing online games or using mobile phones. People can experience abuse for a variety of reasons, including as a result of their sex, gender identity or sexual orientation.

Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher - Chair of the Safer Hartlepool Partnership, a multi-agency organisation tasked with making the town a safer place - said: "Abuse is abuse, online or offline. If something is illegal, unfair or unacceptable face-to-face, then it doesn't make it acceptable to behave that way online.

"People do not have to accept or put up with abuse and this website gives people information so that they can identify abusive behaviour and do something about it."

The Stop Online Abuse site covers all forms of technology based abuse, but specifically targets women and lesbian, gay,
bisexual, and transgender people on what action they can take against offensive, damaging or threatening content.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny Bongo

So.....when The Hartlepool Post reveals what certain crooked councillors and Officers of HBC are up to, is this classed as abuse?  When The HP calls a crook a crook and mentions names, is this abuse?  When The HP dares to comment on what certain councillors happen to be wearing (including green bin bags!) is this classed as abuse?   
Looks like they're running scared (or just plain sh**I*g themselves) that the game's nearly up!  Keep it up guys and gals...I've wondered why Karl looks like he's in a hurry every morning to get to the Civic...obviously needs the toilet!   

Land Phil

Lord Elpus

Quote from Johnny Bongo; 'I've wondered why Karl looks like he's in a hurry every morning to get to the Civic...'

Its always puzzled me why any Councillor needs to be in the Civic, other than for meeting.

SAB, Mad Dog, Carl, all spend most of the day wandering the building like Marly's ghost. 

I know many hard working Officers would get a lot more done if they were not there.

Darknessontheedgeoftown

How can a site related to reporting abuse online be specifically supporting certain sections of the community/genders? That in itself makes it appear impartial and therefore not offering correct levels of support to all parties, making it abusive/biased.

When you add this to the fact that the release reports it as such makes that impartial and indicates that unless you fall into the categories stated that no one gives a f*c* if you are being abused...

fred c

I certainly don't condone bullying or homophobic abuse, we are who we are, but i can't help but think this Press Release is an attempt to stifle freedom of speech, political protests/debate on local media, as we saw the refusal by Cllr Fleet to allow a debate on a member of the publics question at the last council meeting, there is a serious lack of democratic debate in the council chamber.

It may have had more gravitas if Safer Hartlepool Partnership had released it the morning after Labour Councillor, K Cranney had hurled foul mouth sexist abuse at an elderly grandmother.

As with a lot of things related to The LabTor Council... it seems this is another example of "Dont do what I do.... Do what I day"

DRiddle

Am I right in saying screen grabs exist of BOTH the Akers-Belchers accusing an innocent member of the public of assault over twitter?

You should send the stoponlineabuse people an e-mail Fred  ;)

mk1

Can not be coincidence that CAB put this out just after 'andsome Steve and the other two overweight clowns were hammered on the Mail comments section.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/apples-plums-and-pears-hartlepool-estate-to-get-its-own-orchard-1-7635673

Story on 21/12/15 and CAB 'threat' on 22/12/15.

I mean what fair-minded person would dare mention that the 3 clowns promoting  a  'heathy lifestyle' were grossly overweight & unhealthy hypocrites?

DRiddle

In my defence, I GENUINELY though she was wearing a bin bag. . .

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on December 23, 2015, 09: AM
Am I right in saying screen grabs exist of BOTH the Akers-Belchers accusing an innocent member of the public of assault over twitter?

You should send the stoponlineabuse people an e-mail Fred  ;)

I still have the Twitter screen shots by Lying Ste & Cwistopher accusing me of assaulting a pensioner.....

I also have the name of The Mail reporter who phoned me about the alledged assault after being contacted by one of them...... I also have the name & number of the police officer who knocked on my door about the same incident.... he was requested to call & have a word with me by one of the dynamic duo......

They aren't the only ones who have friends in cleveland police.

They appear to think its 1 law for them & another for the rest of us...... but that is slowly changing

Johnny Bongo

What about the psychological abuse that the Hartlepool public get whenever they see pictures (or God forbid, in the flesh :o) of Tweedledum and Tweedledumber!

mk1

Seems the two fatties are really worried and have paid out for another attack..........

admin

Quote from: mk1 on December 24, 2015, 08: AM
Seems the two fatties are really worried and have paid out for another attack..........

Not sure what the cause is as yet.

fred c

If it is a DDOS attack it is interesting to know that.....................

A DDOS Attack is Illegal & carries a sentence of upto 10 years in prison, paying someone to carry out such an attack also carries a sentence of up to 10 years.

You would have to presume an offence that carries a 10 year sentence is serious enough to warrant a police investigation ?

A law was passed last week that makes it an offence to launch a denial of service attack in the UK, punishable by up to ten years in prison.

There had been concern that Britain's Computer Misuse Act, written in the days before the World Wide Web, allowed denial of service attacks to fall through a loophole. These are attacks in which a web or email server is deliberately flooded with information to the point of collapse.

It was passed yesterday, becoming the Police And Justice Act 2006. The Act also increased the penalty for unauthorised access to computer material from a maximum of six months' imprisonment to two years.

The 2006 Act expands the 1990 Act's provisions on unauthorised modification of computer material to criminalise someone who does an unauthorised act in relation to a computer with "the requisite intent" and "the requisite knowledge."

The requisite intent is an intent to do the act in question and by so doing:

to impair the operation of any computer,
    to prevent or hinder access to any program or data held in any computer, or
    to impair the operation of any program or data held in any computer.

The intent need not be directed at any particular computer or any particular program or data.

The wording is wide enough that paying someone else to launch an attack will still be a crime, with a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison. Supplying the software tools to launch an attack or offering access to a botnet could be punished with up to two years in prison.

mk1

Paper Tiger. It is virtually impossible to track down the culprits who are mainly based abroad. You can purchase an attack yourself and it isn't all  that expensive. It is even a possibilty that 'you' are one of the (hijacked) attack computers