Extraordinary Council Meeting March 12th

Started by fred c, March 06, 2015, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on March 14, 2015, 03: PM
Damn I continue to mix up SAB with CAB, obviously it was CAB that gave the speech and also I didn't realise the plural of referendum was referanda, I guess you still can learn something new everyday.
Thanks for using parts of my original post on this topic for a front page news item but I thought it only polite credit should have been given to contributors?  :P

You're right about that. It was a good piece of logic so it was included ......but credit whom? Tee_Ess_25er doesn't work somehow.

Just a  reminder that the pages of the Post are open to anyone who wishes to contribute and maybe thinks the forum isn't flexible enough for what they want to write/say
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Never mind all this 'unified approach'. CAB is in The Mail tonight telling everyone that a referendum would cost £140,000; that's £70,000 up on last week.

I'll have to dig out what he said at the time about the cost of the Mayoral referendum which of course he was begging for - I bet he said it would be money well spent. After all, it was going to give us a more democratic system, remember?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-politician-dismayed-at-lack-of-referendum-on-hospital-1-7156295
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: steveL on March 14, 2015, 09: PM
Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on March 14, 2015, 03: PM
Damn I continue to mix up SAB with CAB, obviously it was CAB that gave the speech and also I didn't realise the plural of referendum was referanda, I guess you still can learn something new everyday.
Thanks for using parts of my original post on this topic for a front page news item but I thought it only polite credit should have been given to contributors?  :P

You're right about that. It was a good piece of logic so it was included ......but credit whom? Tee_Ess_25er doesn't work somehow.

Just a  reminder that the pages of the Post are open to anyone who wishes to contribute and maybe thinks the forum isn't flexible enough for what they want to write/say

I'm in no way a vain person but attributing people to what they may have quoted / stated is apparently the correct way to go in cases like this and imho using their user name would suffice if that's the only info you have.  If it makes it easier for the group, "my name is Dave and I am a new member to this group and wish to contribute anything I can to make people realise the lie we are living day in and out in Hartlepool.