Hartfields Medical Practice

Started by Sanddancer, August 08, 2014, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Well let's see. Aside from the £500 of civic lottery money I've organised for local charity 'Red Dreams' to help keep young kids in a job (which in actual fact, could be thousands as I advised them to apply for a civic lottery grant for thousands from all councillors)...

Plus the £2,000 I'm allocating to commemorate those who fought and died in the great war...

Plus the £2,000 I've been able to signpost to Hartfield's to help dementia patients....

Plus the chap who's been registered blind who I've helped ensure is adequately houses by the local authority...

Plus ensuring the residents around a local school who have had issues with problematic trees have their issue addressed ....

Plus ensuring a traffic safety monitoring exercise is currently taking place regarding a traffic calming issue in the ward...

Plus making sure a certain councillor will be more than likely exposed by Private Eye for boasting about being in 'Rotten Boroughs'...

Oh and let's not forget the whole issue of drawing attention to a certain newly formed 'community interest company' by certain councillors...

Oh and then there's the issue of making sure the situation regarding collection of sea coal in areas of our beaches are which are currently jet black is investigated...

Plus ensuring the residents of Hart soon get clarification regarding of where we stand concerning  the gypsy site issue.

My residents know I've done more in 100 days than some of their councillors have done in their entire term(s) in office.

But thanks for the question.

Night.  ;)

one direction

Thanks for the answer....... ;)

You are getting very good at spending public money.....well done..... ;) also lots of "ensuring" going on, which always seems to me like taking the credit for other people's work that is going on anyway. Glad to hear you have Ian Hislop's ear as regards Private Eye, do you chat with him regularly while discussing editorial direction and content of his satirical magazine? Drawing attention to CIC's is all well and good, but I'll be more impressded when you actuall stop the abuse. Ah sea coal, that old chestnut, if you can get that issue resolved then you WILL have achieved something that no councillor has done for in living memory!

Do you know the difference between "activity" and "achievement"?   :)

stokoe

just a thought pity some people can't pick there dog sh 1te off the beach,thought over. 

admin

Just a reminder that this thread is headed 'Hartfields Medical Practice' and it helps the readability if the forum is people stick to the topic and start new threats if they want to branch out into a different subject.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Seems to be a wider problem; interesting to see how many of the services earmarked for possible closure are in peripheral areas - further centralisation?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/more-15000-patients-across-teesside-7623836

mk1

Quote from: stokoe on August 16, 2014, 07: AM
just a thought pity some people can't pick there dog sh 1te off the beach,thought over.

Even funnier when he offered the bloke out online!

steveL

Quote from: mk1 on August 16, 2014, 05: PM
Quote from: stokoe on August 16, 2014, 07: AM

Even funnier when he offered the bloke out online!

some sort of 'in joke' I presume
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on August 16, 2014, 10: PM

some sort of 'in joke' I presume

It is a reference to a local twitterer who had a meltdown when someone chided him for letting his dogs foul the beach.

DRiddle

I suppose if you ARE going to troll a councillor via the comments board of the local paper it's best to be sure of your facts or you'll end up looking a complete tool. Right F.K?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/councillors-speak-out-against-proposals-to-close-three-hartlepool-gp-surgeries-1-6788685

notenoughsaid

Whilst discussing the proposed closure of the Hartfields General Centre it has become clear to me that a lot of people believe it is only for Hartfields residents. That is not the case. My family and their children are registered there and get excellent service, often same day appointments or access to a health nurse. The parking is great and does not entail a journey into town.  As  a footnote I feel the Health authorities behind this proposal are being naive by ignoring all of the development taking place in the surrounding area. Lets not see another attack on the Hart Ward.

notenoughsaid

Re the above post I missed out the word Medical.   Sorry.   I meant to call it "Hartfields General Medical Centre.   The word General  from the Dictionary means amongst other things, Widespread..... Open to all.   Apologies.

Lord Elpus

See page 19 of this download; http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/egov_downloads/21.08.14_-_Audit_and_Governance_Committee_Agenda.pdf

I have no recollection of how Cllr's James, Ackers-belcher and Barclay (aka Mad Dog, SAB and Father Ted) have become our councils stakeholders within NHS England.  However, to have three members from one ward who are all members of one party in not my view of representative of HBC.  Lets not forget CAB is also on the same list of Stakeholders as Chair of the Health and Well Being Board.

Bearing in mind their track record on looking after 'their own'.  Could be that the 'decks loaded' against the Fens Surgery before we even start the process.

steveL

With 3 of these medical practices under threat then isn't it obvious that all three should be represented. Instead we find that all three positions are given to councillors whose interest lies only in one of those practices - Wynyard Road. The die are therefore cast before even being thrown.

Someone needs to find out at which meeting it was democratically decided that the three Manor House councillors should be the sole councillor representation on this issue because I suspect the answer is none and that we are looking at a case of self-appointment. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

one direction

Quote from: steveL on August 25, 2014, 01: PM. . . . democratically . . . .

Sorry, can you explain how that is supposed to work? I see little evience of it in Hartlepool politics? Still people get what they deserve! or what they can' t be bothered to vote for? Ah, I see now!