Hartfields Medical Practice

Started by Sanddancer, August 08, 2014, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanddancer

May have to close at the end of March 2015....it's open to consultation and our opinions are very important and will be taken seriously..However, we all know what that means!

The Great Dictator

Sanddancer

Said to need six thousand patients to be viable and has just over two thousand at the moment.. Mentions that there are eight other accessible GP practices within one and a half miles of Hartfields. Said to be significant parking issues ...(no such issues when planners wanted to build the playground!).

The Great Dictator

So why bloody open it in the first place ?

testing times

Quote from: Sanddancer on August 08, 2014, 08: PM
Said to need six thousand patients to be viable and has just over two thousand at the moment.. Mentions that there are eight other accessible GP practices within one and a half miles of Hartfields. Said to be significant parking issues ...(no such issues when planners wanted to build the playground!).

I would have thought that all of this information could and should have been easily research before setting it up in the first place. Something doesn't quite add up here.

Sanddancer

What.
.something to do with the health service doesn't add up. How surprising!

Sanddancer

I understand that there is a Patients' Liaison meeting tomorrow (Wed) ar 6 pm to which patients are invited. Please let your feelings be known.

steveL

"Patients' Liaison meeting tomorrow (Wed)"

Has a nice ring to it that .... but Hartfields is part of a bigger developing story. I gather both the medical centres in Fens and Wynyard Road are also included. There's a plan afoot here by NHS England to close the lot of them and saving money is the goal.

These medical centres were part of the Momentum programme to move medical care away from Hartlepool Hospital and into the communities. It looks like a few years down the line and, having achieved what they wanted with the hospital, its now time to pull the plug and let the smoke screen dissipate naturally.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

We'll end up with a Wynyard One Life.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

I understand Shighty Wrighty was asked on Wednesday evenings meeting at Hartfields what he was going to do to help patients affected by proposed closure of GP surgeries.  I'm told he spoke for 5 minutes but failed to answer the question so he was asked by the chair to simple answer the question, another 5 minutes of waffle.  Bottom line appears to be Shighty will do sweet f*n*y adams to help.

Sooner he's gone the better.  Looks like Phil might get my vote at least he's switch on to peoples concerns.

marky

I remember Steve Wallace when he was the PCT man waxing lyrically about the Primary Care Centre in Wynyard Road. It was to be the future - all things to all men. It promptly fell on its ar** when people turned up with chest pains and they couldn't cope with it not to mention someone being injected with penicillin they were allergic to - aye those were the days when 'health in the community' was all the rage and the new hospital was to be the pivot on which everything balanced.

Considering the way things have turned out, you would think there was a case for a full Public Inquiry into how health provision in Hartlepool has been handled over the last 10 years or so. There can't be worse examples of incompetence, wasted money and 'plans' that go tits-up at the first hurdle.

I think it's time these organisations closed down their spin departments. It doesn't matter what they come up with anymore for we've passed the point when anyone believes a word that they say.

Just watch how well the so-called 'consultation' goes .....

fred c

Got to agree with Lord Elpus..... the flaccid "Member" has had his face in the trough for long enuf, i have never seen our vertically challenged "Member" in any council meeting that i have attended.

On the other other hand, Phil B was at the last full council meeting, as it stands.... he will get my vote.

DRiddle

Obviously Fisher has taken his opportunity to absolutely clarify his 'one trick pony' status regarding this issue. Charging headlong into the 'I'll save the health services' façade, in order to get (re) elected, has worked before (for several local political 'names') at different levels of the political greasy poll in Hartlepool.

It may well work again, but words mean nothing to me.

Councillors across all parties will be judged by their actions more so than their words.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/save-our-surgery-patients-and-politicians-in-plea-to-save-hartlepool-gp-practices-1-6787339

I've been quiet on this issue because I've been busy trying to pull the people together who can genuinely lead the fight. Residents, Health workers, other politically active people.

If people genuinely believe Iain Wright will lead this fight, then we may as well shut the surgeries now.

one direction

Quote from: DRiddle on August 15, 2014, 10: PMI've been quiet on this issue because I've been busy trying to pull the people together who can genuinely lead the fight.

The cynical might put a different spin on his silence..... ;).......after all its a long time until he faces re-election so he dosen't need to do anything for a couple of years? For the new councillors elected on 22nd May, like Cllr Riddle, the end of August will mark their first 100 days in power. So what does Cllr Riddle feel he will have achieved in his first 100 days?

PS I don't expect an answer, after all I'm just a troll, apparently called Harry.......

grim reaper

An aspect that has burned my ass for a long time is the damn cheek of the EU to pontificate on fishing quotas etc. (for the UK) and yet the French & Spanish move around the North sea with impunity, keeping whatever their nets turn up, whereas the UK fishermen had to dump good fish back into the sea (Discards). Thanks to people like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, that has been stopped.  :)

I have decided to join those welcoming Phil to Hartlepool and hope he continues to push for common sense in the running of Hartlepool and UKIP to keep fighting the inane edicts that 'non-jobs' in Brussels try to impose on us.

There is a massive groundswell of opinion against one of the most inept, inefficient and boot licking MPs we have ever had the misfortune to have in the town.
However, I've no doubt when he goes he will join the likes of Blair, Mandelson, Prescott, Brown et al and make money 'on the circuit'.
Still, as long as he is gone from the town....that's what counts!   :D
The usual suspects will now attack and regurgitate the 'wrestling' story etc. etc.
So you would rather keep the Labour 'yes' man?    Doh.

We need to move on from Mandelson, Wright and find new blood willing to fight our corner and I'm willing to give Phil the chance. With all respect to him...could he really be any worse than the impotent Wrighty?  :(