HARTLEPOOL IN THE INDEPENDENT TODAY

Started by dowager, March 13, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryBlackwood

How about the sitting MP being made accountable for his actions, or lack of them? And what about the last charlatan. Then there's the Jedward twins who run the council. Then Drummond. Achieved nothing but a large bank account.

SRMoore

Why am I not surprised that nowhere in this article did it mention that Hartlepool, even after the cuts, will still receive more spending per head than those leafy suburbs and shires that Iain and left leaning newspapers like to compare us with.

Just as I was about to submit this I see Harry has posted. For once I wholeheartedly agree.

DRiddle

This line from the article stood out for me...
Quoteand rewards councils that strive to improve their communities."
. In no way am I am Tory but I do agree that the only way to improve councils that have squandered money like it grows on trees (and ours undoubtedly has), is to squeeze them and FORCE them to balance their books accordingly.

Everyone who frequents this website can list dozens of schemes by our council that have wasted literally millions of pounds of our money. The article on The Hartlepool Post homepage is just the tip of the iceberg as to how clowns in charge of the circus can, and will, waste million upon million. It obviously not fair on residents that services get cut but something MUST be done to get a grip of our council.

A council that cries poverty but has squirreled away in excess of £25 million in reserves during the 'good times' (AKA when Labour broke the economy) needs to be reigned in.

With a good CEO in charge and innovative, creative business minds involved, worse towns than this one have been turned around.

Unfortunately, a town where a significant proportion of adults have ended up living on benefits, is being ran by a man who's main talent is to explain to people how to fill in the forms...

SRMoore

Looks like we are both singing from the same hymn sheet this morning, David.

DRiddle

In a sense yes. Personally I try to take the national politics 'Tory v Labour' or whatever out of the equation. Our council, like all councils, is essentially a business. Albeit ones that is there to provide services rather than turn a major profit. So like any business, if they're not able to manage their finances accordingly, the person in charge of providing their revenue/funding stream steps in.

There is no way on God's green Earth a bank would continue to fund a business that was performing as badly as our council, without at the very least reducing their line of credit.

Central government is essentially 'The Bank' and they've decided not to extend the 'overdraft' any further.

Simple.

HarryBlackwood

SRMoore. Don't be so bloody patronising.

Just to make it clear, I detest ALL political parties but The Tories are by far the worst. The damage and despair they have caused in this country to the disabled, the vulnerable and the poor is pure evil and makes me ashamed to be British. For any ordinary person to vote Tory beggars belief. For someone to support this fascist party to any further extent just makes me despair of humanity.

Hope you've got that.

SRMoore

And back to your usual self... Shame really as the discussion has been sensible up until now.

HarryBlackwood

So what wasn't sensible about my comments?

Anything inaccurate or untrue? No.

Anything insulting or personal? No.

So, wind your neck in Tory boy.

SRMoore

Quote from: HarryBlackwood on March 13, 2014, 04: PM
So what wasn't sensible about my comments?
Pretty much all of it to be honest Harry. It started by accusing me of being patronising. You're just too blind from your bitterness to hold a civil conversation/debate it seems.
Anything inaccurate or untrue? Yes, most of it but I can't be bothered to argue with you

Anything insulting or personal? Yes, claiming I am a fascist

So, wind your neck in Tory boy.

I heard a lot about the great Harry Blackwood, especially on here, though we have never met. Perhaps in former days you may have deserved the praise but having now read many of your posts and your blog I'm sorry to see you don't come close to living up to your reputation.

A shame really.

HarryBlackwood

Tory policies are the closest thing I've seen in my lifetime to fascism. You support those policies. Work it out.

For an ordinary working class bloke from Hartlepool to support a party that exists to support the wealthy and privileged is a total betrayal of everything you should have been taught as a child.

To support Tory polices is to have no compassion, no sense of caring for those less fortunate and no idea of what the important things in life are. Current Tory policies are despicable and just downright fascist.

Why would I be bitter about anything? I've achieved a lot in my life, I have a great family a lovely home, I enjoy life massively and I'm caring and compassionate. I believe in humanity. You give you get.

When I need lectures from a wet behind the ears, misguided Tory opportunist wannabe like you, I'll know I've failed.

When people say they can't be bothered to argue that means they are unable to. The reasons you can't are obvious.

1. Tory policies are indefensible on moral, ethical or even financial grounds.

2. You are intellectually incapable of arguing with me

3. Your lack of life experiences or achievements mean nobody will take any notice of any arguments you may have.

That do for starters?

mk1

All well and good but missing one very salient point-the Local Tory Party is supporting the Local Labour Party in its every action. I would go so far as to say there is no 'politics'  at all in Hartlepool but rather an agreement between 3 local chancers to run the town as a fifedom. Wells and the SCABs are out to feather their own nests pure and simple. The destruction of the local plan has created an opening where one could, if you were that way inclined, use control of  Planning Applications to become very wealthy indeed.
I blame the  'proper'  politicians. Those who actualy believe in the core  principles of their politics but who find it impossible to cricise the carpetbaggers who have taken over the party for personal gain. They are condemed by their misplaced loyalty that allows the thieves to prosper.

SRMoore

I am more than capable of arguing against the ridiculous statements you make Mr Blackwood. I can't be bothered to entertain you at this moment however as I am currently sat in a hospital waiting room and have been most of the afternoon.

I am glad though that my prod to your ego has prompted you to post a semi sensible post. It does make for better reading than the usual diatribe you post on here and isn't peppered with the name calling and profanities we have come to expect.

HarryBlackwood

SRMoore. No you're not capable of arguing. You've proved that with every post. You are a political and intellectual lightweight.

Hopefully the hospital appointment is to search for a brain. Any working class person  who supports Tory policies obviously has a brain that is malfunctioning.