The twisted arm of the law?

Started by christine blakey, May 11, 2012, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It just perpetuates the lack of respect for the law if they can't get rid of their bad'uns.
I don't believe it.

christine blakey

Sadly, one of the video coverage finishes with one of the Officers saying 'What's the worst he can do to me'?

The fact that they are still employed shows it is the culture within the Police Force that is the issue.

I hope the guy prosecutes to the hilt, only money will stop this from happening to anyone else. 

Micksmate

Quote from: christine blakey on May 11, 2012, 11: PM
Sadly, one of the video coverage finishes with one of the Officers saying 'What's the worst he can do to me'?

The fact that they are still employed shows it is the culture within the Police Force that is the issue.

I hope the guy prosecutes to the hilt, only money will stop this from happening to anyone else.

Do you think that the police officer who was assaulted by David Healer, will be able to "prosecute to the hilt" to stop police officers being attacked doing their duty?

notinshadow

How could you believe the allagation in the first place, police officers often tell lies.

Julie noted

Micksmate; The police officer that was allegedly assaulted by Mr Healer has the same opportunities available to him..criminal case or civil prosecution.

Are you saying because Mr Healer kicked off at being stopped in the street, two other officers then have the right to physically abuse him in the police station?

I thought the days of 'he fell down the station stairs, Sarge' were over.
Obviously not.

It reminded me of the disgraceful (and highly illegal) treatment of the wife and daughter of LlTa, which was on here and now deleted.  :o

Incidentally, LlTa made no mention of a search warrant being produced, prior to police entrance to property.  ???
If they did have a warrant, which dipstick JP would sign a warrant for that public order offence?  :(
If so, the police must have 'gilded the lily' when explaining their reasons to the JP.

Looks like Cleveland police require investigations at the top and all the way down the system.
Sounds like a knock on my door...I wonder if they'll wait until I get the kids dressed?

notinshadow

Search warrent ..lol.. no mate they just made it up as they went along and thought no one would ever notice.

I will post the findings of the I.P.C.C. as soon as I can work out why I can't open the attachment..
The I.P.C.C. raises lots of matter that I hadn't even thought of in my complaint and the police have already met to work out their next move.

They want to send the same inspector back round to blag me again and have the same inspector who didn't investigate anything in the first place to re investigate the whole matter..

You couldn't make it up.. I am told they breached upto 9 of my basic human rights and the civil courts is where I am going with it to have the balance  redressed, as I have zero faith in the police or their c**k eyed investigation.

The police thought wrongly that they could use rules under P.A.C.E. to enter/search my home and remove my property and had I have been nicked on an different charge they might have had a point I thought.

But the I.P.C.C. say that even if that was the case, it's a fruitless argument for them, as the I.P.C.C. question if they had the right to come and arrest me in the first place either way.

They are bang to right, just playing the waiting game with them now until they have re investigated the matter and themselves.

Micksmate

Quote from: Julie noted on May 12, 2012, 09: AM
Micksmate; The police officer that was allegedly assaulted by Mr Healer has the same opportunities available to him..criminal case or civil prosecution.

But will he be able to prosecute up to the hilt, will this stop Police Officers being assaulted doing their duty, it was a simple question.  This idea of sueing for just about anything is getting beyond a joke, remember it is your taxes that pick up the bill in the end.

Are you saying because Mr Healer kicked off at being stopped in the street, two other officers then have the right to physically abuse him in the police station?

No I am not saying anyone has the right to physically abuse anyone, where you get that notion from is beyond me.  What we have is a man being arrested for criminal activities and who assaults (allegedly) a police officer in his line of duty, nobody up in arms about that and now suddenly this poor man is the downtrodden victim of the establishment. Wow.  I can only assume from your ouburst that you will never ring 999 just in case one of the  nasty-nasty policemen type turn up.

notinshadow

Quote M.M.

This idea of sueing for just about anything is getting beyond a joke, remember it is your taxes that pick up the bill in the end.

If I came round your house with 11 of my mates, entered you home unlawfully, searched it unlawfully and leaving it trashed, not to mention trying to frighten and threaten your mrs and daughter, wouldn't you want the balance redressed?

Get a grip next time that could be you.

Micksmate

By all means Fraz me old China, if your allegations are correct you have the right to have the balance redressed and compensation, but their is a difference between compensation and sueing, it is not the policeman or police force that is being sued it is the taxpayer, you and I.  I object to my council tax bill going up to cover the police shortfall.

notinshadow

OK I am suing for 20k, now I understand I won't get 20k but that's what I am going to court looking for, as I am told to look at that figure by the legals.

Now Cleveland Police I am told, tend to pay out of court in most cases, to avoid the publicity of it all, which would indicate that I am not alone in not being happy at their conduct and that often it is hid from the public because they make the out of court settlements.

So if Cleveland police don't defend themselves sure that is for two reason, costs or because they know they are bang to rights and want to withhold them facts from the tax payer paying their wages.

As for the bit about my allagations being true I have this to say..

The I.P.C.C. I would guess, before they arrive at their findings, didn't just read my complaint, they read all the police statements, what the police said in evidence, what the appeal judge said in his findings along with many other documented facts from the police themselves, including the police investigations findings, were in part the police had to uphold my complaint and instead of admitting enter, searching my home and removing my property unlawfully, said that their actions in law was flawed..in other words they broke the law all of them.

If I had entered their home illegally, I would have the book thrown at me the police say that a couple of officers received management advice..how can that be right.

I will put the finding up and that will give you a clearer picture of what the I.P.C.C. had to say and you can make your own mind up about what went on.

mk1

Quote from: Micksmate on May 12, 2012, 09: AM

Do you think that the police officer who was assaulted by David Healer, will be able to "prosecute to the hilt" to stop police officers being attacked doing their duty?

We always see the claim Police Officers are subjected to 'violence at work' but I believe the figures show they are far down the table in regards to  industrial injury.
Indeed I believe they 'accidently shoot' way more innocent people than the number of their own who are killed by criminals.
A construction worker is far more likely to be injured than a Police Officer (whilst at work) and it is well known that the police sick pay scheme is widely abused for the most minor of injuries.
Remember that after every  public order incident the number of Police officers listed as 'injured' includes every minor scratch. Failure by an officer to log  these trivial  wounds may lead to a loss of a very juicy compo claim  years later when your back gives out whilst doing the gardening!

The Great Dictator

I would sue them to teach them a lesson. If it comes out of our tax then so be it, these people need to be weeded out of the force.

Julie noted

This case reminds me of the 6' 0" custody sergeant that threw the 5' 2" female onto the floor of the station and then dragged her to the cells, throwing her onto the floor, causing cuts and bruises.  :o

That big, brave man was reported by a female police officer who witnessed the event and knew it was not right.

Although prosecuted, he appealed and was found not guilty of assault and is now back behind his desk.

I have a feeling this wasn't a 'one off' in Peterlee. You don't just 'out of the blue' behave in that manner. Especially when it was already two onto one.
It's not as though the custody sergeant had to handle the man by himself.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else comes forward to state THEY were subjected to similar abuses.

christine blakey

It has happened in Hartlepool.  It happens regularly all over the country.

FACT: If they did the job properly, every minute of CCTV would show who is lying and it would be sorted very quickly.  Instead, the abuse is towards members of the public.

If there is a fine or compensation, then the staff who have not followed procedure and code of conduct should have to pay for it through POVA.  After all, any other criminal would.

I had notice boards made at Holme House Prison under s restorative justice project.  They were supposed to be mounted in community spots in order to get information out to residents.  I asked the police if they could pick them up as I am sure that they would be going that way at times.  They agreed which I am grateful for but they then lost them!

Again, whoever lost them should pay not us!

I cannot help but wonder what the profession and friends' circles are in relation to some of the critical posters on here in relation to this disgusting evidence becoming public.  Maybe you should offer your individual support to the Officers in question as I have zero tolerance for any abuse of a position of trust such as in this case.

Read the job description and person specification in this case or any other related manner.  It is a priviledged position to which they were employed and there are many people who are currently unemployed and who would obey the rules set for conduct.  We are not supposed to have torture chambers as Police Stations. 

Believe me, I will not divulge the information on here but it is definitely happening in Hartlepool too.