Warrior Drive restrictions

Started by notinshadow, May 10, 2012, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

If they can't stop the boy racers on Coronation Drive then why bother at all. Historic Quay Car Park to Seaton Car Park - if I know it then why don't the Police?

christine blakey

There are speed humps that do the job whilst helping people who have sensitive illness that will not cope with rigid bumps. 

Some of the 'cheap' speedbars such as those in Asda are to severe, so even at very slow speed it can joggle the driver and passengers. 

There are some humps that get the balance right, it just takes a bit of time to get it right.  We have new ones on Middle Warren (Bishop Cuthbert Village) and they are more manageable than before.  It would be good to cite the appropriate ones and simply adopt "why re-invent the wheel" a very apt quote!

notinshadow

Quote from: dangerman on May 10, 2012, 06: PM
I cant see why roads should be narrowed the problem lies in the idiots that treat ALL roads like their own speedway, if after passing their driving test a restriction should be made like motor cycles on the size of engine for cars. ie; 500/1000cc maximum.

Catcote Road is a absolute nightmare you have to drive like a drunk just to avoid the dropped kerbs.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for road safety but why should a great deal of public money be utilised because of idiots driving like maniacs. Enforce the Law on speeding repeat offenders should have the car seized & crushed.

If speed humps are to be utilised then those that are more car friendly should be installed' speed cushions' not speed humps.

Driving over these when you have a serious back problem as I have then you will see what I mean. Car springs can be repaired a serious spinal condition cannot be.

See the idiots you talk about have devices that detect the police radars/camer's so you have to have something fixed in place or you end up with nothing changing.

From a boy racer point of view on Warrior Drive the extra street funiture add to the fun.
I am not saying that is right of course just pointing it out.

If you wanted to drive round Warrior Drive at 30-40 or whatever this street furniture won't stop that at all.

What it will do is p**s of all the motorists on Warrior Park and next time round PHF can tell all the people of Warrior Park who put them there, some will be pleased with the councillors, but I suspect a lot of the normal motorists will be sick to death of the hassle they cause them and not be so pleased.

not4me

"next time round PHF can tell all the people of Warrior Park who put them there, "

do enlighten us

Micksmate

Slightly off course, Merlin Way, Bishop Cuthbert, on this main road through what was described as an Executive housing estate, they have built houses on a bend with no off road parking, this is already causing problems, can anyone explain, how in 2012 this is allowed to happen, should it not be part of any planning application that off road parking is part of the plan, it is in my humble opinion an accident waiting to happen, perhaps Ms Blakey who is a resident of BC could enlighten us?

Donkey Kong

Quote from: christine blakey on May 10, 2012, 06: PM
Bishop Cuthbert Village

Priceless! 

I really really hope that you said that with tongue firmly in cheek!  :P

dangerman

Spoke to my neighbour about this thread and speed humps he came out with this little gem.

I wish they would make speed humps higher my wife drives over them at more than 40mph it's cost me loads to replace springs & shockers for M.O.T.

Does she know the limit is 20 M.P.H.?...Of course but she takes No notice.

This is a middle age woman with grown up children and grandchildren hardly a boy racer, BUT how many more are like her?

christine blakey

Absolutely, Middle Warren Estate (Bishop Cuthbert Village as it is described as the start of the drag through), is of real concern to current residents with 1,2,3,4, 5 car households, and will simply increase in concern as more houses complete. 

They hope to transfer the use of land currently set for retail at the back of Sainsbury's, Ember Inns Pub to housing plots as 'there has been no interest in the retail units' with the change with the recession.

The bare minimum has been and continues to be given to road and path layout.  Some steep banks make it so dangerous during bad weather that residents park their cars on the main drag through rather than risk sliding into boulders, houses, garages and people!

We are meeting with planners on 22 May and I hope that some sense can be made out of plans for the play park, plans for the retail land (which is currently being flattened ready for the change of use applications).

There is also the issue of the lack of access roads (two plus Falcon Road) which I hope to explore. 

Initial discussions on the remaining development at Middle Warren have been very positive and I hope these leads to safe and sensible solutions where possible and practicle?