Warrior Drive restrictions

Started by notinshadow, May 10, 2012, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Warrior Drive restrictions, anyone noticed them yet?

As a reformed boy racer, I think they are quite good, they will slow people down in the day near the duck pond, which will not only protect childrens but the ducks too.

I think night time it might change though, don't see them being quite as useful.

They have made the road quite thin in a couple of places, so hopefully it will stop the HGV type vehicles.

I think the restrictions will help the old and young to cross the road safer as well so all good.

steveL

All the chicanes and speed humps installed in this town do is encourage cars to swerve around which to me makes the road even more dangerous.

The most effective speed restrictions I've seen are the cheap, full-width humps installed at ASDA though even then, it's not uncommon to see cars avoid them by crossing over multiple parking bays in the car park itself.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Its the reason my alloy wheels are scuffed to fu*k.  >:(

steveL

No, that will be because you are so far to the right you keep scraping the kerb ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Stig of the Seaton Dump

A sensible solution would have been a pelican crossing. I guess that would have cost too much.

Warrior Drive is another road I now avoid as the artificial restrictions are a pain in the ar** punishment to good and bad drivers.
I don't believe it.

The Shadow

If it's punishment you are after may I suggest you try driving over the speed bumps outside of St Helens School on the Headland in anything other than a 4x4.

HBC is getting the bill from Kwik Fit when I have to replace my shock absorbers.

fred c

I think the maximum height of speed humps is 75mm.. they aren`t the answer to reducing speed, they are merely an easy solution to the problem.

They cause untold damage to car suspension systems & have been known to cause structural problems in buildings that are close to them.

The flashing signs are a reasonable answer, but a dose of the speed gun is a sure way to cut down the speed of boy racers.

See... honestjohn in the Telegraphs motoring section for info on damage to cars etc.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I'm beginning to wonder what new transport plans are in the offing - today's Mail poll is 'Should rickshaw drivers have to pass a driving test like other road users?'   ???

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am seriously thinking of trading my saloon car for a Land Rover Defender as I am sick of any car I have becoming a bone shaker within a year.

More pollution, pedestrian unfriendly not as economic to run but who cares ???
I don't believe it.

notinshadow

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on May 10, 2012, 11: AM
I'm beginning to wonder what new transport plans are in the offing - today's Mail poll is 'Should rickshaw drivers have to pass a driving test like other road users?'   ???

L.L.T. there are hundreds in the West End now carrying fair paying passengers so that's so really they should have to pass some sort of test in my view.

mk1

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 10, 2012, 01: PM

L.L.T. there are hundreds in the West End now carrying fair paying passengers so that's so really they should have to pass some sort of test in my view.

Mostly foriegn,they have a reputation for being  aggressive and  driving off leaving cars damaged as they squeeze through during traffic jams.

notinshadow

That's the desaptch riders favourite trick, so nothing new there.

Back in the day there were 20,000 of them, so that's a lot of  damage to cars each year.

I bought 5 pedicabs from London to put over the Marina/Church st, 3 years ago but HBC f*c*ed the idea off so I sold them on.

I did alright out of them at the time, I took a luton van down bought five in the West End, tarted them up and sold them.

marky

Never come between a man and his phallic substitute - it's a sure vote loser.  ;)

dangerman

I cant see why roads should be narrowed the problem lies in the idiots that treat ALL roads like their own speedway, if after passing their driving test a restriction should be made like motor cycles on the size of engine for cars. ie; 500/1000cc maximum.

Catcote Road is a absolute nightmare you have to drive like a drunk just to avoid the dropped kerbs.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for road safety but why should a great deal of public money be utilised because of idiots driving like maniacs. Enforce the Law on speeding repeat offenders should have the car seized & crushed.

If speed humps are to be utilised then those that are more car friendly should be installed' speed cushions' not speed humps.

Driving over these when you have a serious back problem as I have then you will see what I mean. Car springs can be repaired a serious spinal condition cannot be.