A Week is a Long Time

Started by ARC86, August 31, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I do my stint at moderation it's true but the suggestion that I stand guard catching any anti-PHF comments is clearly untrue other wise I wouldn't be answering your post now, would I?

I have never seen any UKIP literature highlighting the issues you say though I don't doubt your word. What I would suggest is that the main source of any information on MR in particular has been HTH and if your view is that HTH is too close to PHF then that must also mean that the main source of your information is actually PHF.

As for the Travellers issue, UKIP are simply using the issue to draw attention to their obsessive enemy - i.e. Europe. An academic discussion of who or where is the source of the legislation is neither use nor ornament to the people of Hart Ward right now. What they are in need of is support to fight and hopefully reverse a local decison by a local council made for political purposes.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ARC86

PHF are the opposition, oppositions are supposed to do what PHF are doing but be honest there isnt really a lot of traction

ARC86

David of course im loyal to Labour i pay my subscription as im sure you do to PHF.. as for being Jean Robinson i think you have got the wrong sex lol

St Paul

If you are a paid up member then shouldn't you be more concerned about your party's involvement with an organisation which chose to pay its staff less than the minimum wage than whatever another party is doing. There must have been 6 labour councillors involved with Manor Residents in some capacity. You seem to be happy to ignore the wrong doing of your own party and yet bizarrely then criticise another party for not doing something about it. As a member, isn't it you who should be doing something about it?

DRiddle

QuoteDavid of course im loyal to Labour i pay my subscription as im sure you do to PHF.. as for being Jean Robinson i think you have got the wrong sex lol

I was only joking.  ;) I actually owe my PHF subs. It's only a fiver though I think. Bargain.

ARC86

St paul i think if you look back through my postings on this forum you will see that i have been very critical of MRA and the way it was run.. you should also not fail to notice which party brought in the NMW.. also which party rightly condemns employers who dont pay the NMW, wilcox was found guilty of not paying the minimum wage and was thrown out of the party.. in a letter i sent to our MP he made it absolutely clear that he condemns any employer Labour or not who fail to pay the NMW but for people to suggest it should have been done earlier is a nonsense, my understanding of the law is your not guilty until charges are proven against you.. when they were after the appeals process at the first tribunal Labour expelled Wilcox from the party. As for all of the tribunal winners i really hope they get every penny that they are owed from whichever avenue that takes them

£24 for Labour subs david, may not be actively involved but will continue to pay now that we havent got a Blairite leader.. £5 is for nowt you couldnt even join a gym for that amount

DRiddle

Quote£24 for Labour subs david

£2 a month?... you'd be better off sponsoring a maltreated donkey. Although at local level... I guess you kind of already are.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: DRiddle on September 03, 2013, 11: AM
Quote£24 for Labour subs david

£2 a month?... you'd be better off sponsoring a maltreated donkey. Although at local level... I guess you kind of already are.

An insult to donkeys!

steveL

"Wilcox was found guilty of not paying the minimum wage and was thrown out of the party.."

Really?

It was weeks after the second Lynda Gooding hearing that Wilcox finally resigned as a Councillor and I haven't read anything about her 'being thrown out of the party' or from the UNITE Union of which she was and probably still is a member.

This is an extract from her resignation letter. Does this sound like someone who has just been thrown out of the party?

"Nothing will deter me from holding dear the true core values and principles of the Labour Party and I shall continue to actively support the residents of the ward I have proudly represented.
Let us not also lose sight of the huge investment within the Manor House ward within such a short period of time and the relentless work strengthening the community by residents, volunteers and Councillors.
I fully support the new Governance of the Council and whole heartedly commend those within the Council who are genuinely striving to imrpve the services provided and the lives of residents in the town."

Wilcox also voted to condemn those employers who paid less than the minimum wage and at the same time as she sent in her resignation letter she also submitted a complaint to the Chief Solicitor about Pamela Hargreaves which could and probably was written by Akers-Belcher himself.

She remains as Manager of Manor Residents to this day on a very nice salary and although you talk of her being 'thrown out of the party', it's noticeable that two of the people who also voted to condemn employers who pay less than the minimum wage chose not to stay as Trustees long enough to start the process of removing her from her lucrative position.

The two Akers-Belchers remain comfortable enough in her company to still sit and have regular coffee with her.

Despite Labour voting to condemn those who pay less than the minium wage, not one Labour Councillor has called for Wilcox to pay the compensation owed to the four tribunal winners or queried what happened to the £180,000 the HBC Audit showed MR to have sitting in the bank at the time of the first Tribunal.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ARC86

If those are her values those are her values whats wrong with that? Its the same as you having PHF values whatever they are. She is no longer associated with the Labour Party much the same as Cllr Brash and Hargreaves but they still have Labour values.

As far as the union is concerned even you can join a union, il gladly send you a membership form to join UNITE if you so wish since we are currently having a recruitment drive

steveL

You don't need a union. What you need is a moral compass - you seem to have lost yours.

fred c

Quote from: ARC86 on September 03, 2013, 12: PM
If those are her values those are her values whats wrong with that?

[/i]

If you need to ask "Whats Wrong With That" you really are in need of having your Moral Compass Re-Calibrated.

There is No Defence of The Indefensible.... Apparently the only people who could have done anything about Wilcox`s position were the Board of Trustees, & what did S Akers Belcher & P Beck do ?

Abandoned Ship & left working people at the mercy of a dispicable employer, who was at the time a Fellow Labour Councillor, the Labour Party in Hartlepool has serious problems & most of them are down to the 3 Stooges at the top of the tree.

DRiddle

QuoteIf those are her values those are her values whats wrong with that?

The thing about 'values' is you can't just say 'these are my values' and then not actually live by them,  let alone do the opposite to what you profess those values to be.

Your values are your core beliefs, your principles, your morals, your ethics. They're far more than words.

ARC86

Brilliant how you guys take things out of context.. if AW has Labour values like i do so be it.. tell me where i have defended her actions instead of spinning.. i often wonder if some of PHF are plastic tories or failed Lib Dems.. you mope on on here about how bad Labour are but do bot all about it.. if you have Labour values as you profess or conservative ones join either party and make change happen instead of whining Labour have done this or the local tories have done that.. thats the problem with PHF they have no identity other than to jump on the next bandwagon.. tell us what you stand for and what you would do like oppositions are supposed to do.. you can make a start by naming your preferred site for the travellers and gypsy site

fred c

" if AW has Labour values like i do so be it.. tell me where i have defended her actions"

Therein lies your problem, it`s not about defending Wilcox or justifying your own values.

It`s about"Condeming Wilcox`s & her actions & values,  None of "The Mob" have come out with a word of condemnation against Wilcox she has no Labour or Trade Union Values, & yet she still has the ear of some members of "The Mob"

" if AW has Labour values like i do so be it"............ if labour values are those espoused by Wilcox no wonder the town is neck deep in sh*t & corruption.