A Week is a Long Time

Started by ARC86, August 31, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARC86

A week is a long time in politics is the old saying.. appears to be the case here because PHF are no longer exerting pressure only concerned about Hart at the minute after losing the by-election

fred c

One of the misconceptions about PHF is that they are some omnipent force that is the only Opposition to "The Mob".... they & their members do attempt to push things along, but like most things in life the Vast Majority of people sit back & are content to manufacture bullets for someone else to fire... I know i had to P*ss on The Barrel of My Maxim this last few weeks. ( if anyone is at a loss as to that last Comment mail me & i will endevour to explain)

I, as a member of PHF  don`t know any more than the rest of the people who use these forums, i am not plugged into PHF central office nor am i privy to what transpires within the corrridors of The Kremlin.

I do however, like several other people on here.... Attend Council meetings & ask written questions, i bother myself to email the Charity Commision, The Serious Fraud Office, The Local Police Suptintendent, The Borough Solicitor, The Ceo of HBC, Various Councillors, The Mail, Private Eye, The Daily Mail, BBC North, Eric Pickles............ & i am loath to admit it....IDS on the Scabs give away of £346,000 pounds of council Tax money.

So personally speaking any criticism of PHF over Wilcox is a Tad Over The Top...........

Anyway............. Rant Over.... hope everyone has a really nice Sunday

steveL

Quote from: ARC86 on August 31, 2013, 06: PM
A week is a long time in politics is the old saying.. appears to be the case here because PHF are no longer exerting pressure only concerned about Hart at the minute after losing the by-election

Interesting. Amidst the constant sniping about PHF comes an almost accidental acknowledgement that PHF were the only ones exerting any pressure over MR and Who Cares(NE). Well you got that one right - silence from the Tories and constant denials from your pals in Labour.

The game ain't over till the Fat Lady goes . . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ARC86

Merely stating the facts steve its always best to be honest

DRiddle

Arc, given that you're not a member of PHF, you're not really in a position to know what's happening.

Regarding PHF and Manor House, I'd say the ward is definitely a dead loss in terms of trying to take seats there. Personally, I wouldn't even bother fighting for that seat come next May. Although that's a decision for PHF the political party.

Regarding the Manor Residents Association and all things associated with it, that's not PHF's job to sort out.

It's the job (if appropriate) of the police, the fraud squad, HMRC, the charity commission and the councillors who are/were strongly associated with the whole fiasco.

steveL

...and what, according to you, are 'the facts'.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ARC86

The fact that PHF are only concerned about Hart at the minute until another bandwagon comes along

fred c

Trolling on Sunday how utterly tiresome

steveL

Quote from: ARC86 on September 01, 2013, 06: PM
The fact that PHF are only concerned about Hart at the minute until another bandwagon comes along
As I thought, not a fact at all but merely your opinion.

ARC86

I know Fred i forgot this is only a forum for PHF members

which is exactly what you do Steve

steveL

Funny. The Labourites aren't allowed to post on this forum but every now and then one of them succumbs to temptation and thinks that using an alias will save them from their Leaders attention. It never lasts and sooner or later they disappear.

It's a bit complicated in Hartlepool because the term 'Labourite' also has to include Wells' disciples.

I wish I could recommend a local labour forum but then there isn't one. With every post having to be run passed the Leader before the button is clicked you can see the problem.

You're a bit of an odd-ball really.

The Tories have never uttered a word on Manor Residents - too 'off-message'
Labour have yet to call for Wilcox to pay-up on overdue compensation payments and are led by two people who ran away from their own responsibilites in Manor Residents/Who Cares

...and what do you do?

Criticise the only group to have tried to help Wilcox's victims, highlighted the dodgy acounts of both organisations, call for the Public Enquiry and submitted documentation both to The Police and Charity Commission.

You're right about Hart too. No one in the area understands the Tory attitude and lack of support over the Travellers issue, Beck and Robinson have shown themselves to be two-faced hypocrites over the issue and are now dead meat while everyone has seen through how Labour have tried to shaft the Hart/Clavering/Bishop Cuthbert area for their own political gain.

PHF are the only group to have spoken up for Hart during the F&P meeting and the ones who called for the decision to be referred back to full council - opposed by Labour and Tories.

....and which one do you whinge about?

Keep voting Labour ARC86 - you're Grandad would have expected it.

fred c

I don`t regard it as being a PHF Forum.... I have always thought of it as a place people with "Anything" to say can log on & do just that.

It certainly isn`t exclusive to PHF, unlike The Mail which has its Editorial Head Up Labours Ar*e..... and it`s just as well otherwise the "Square Root of F**k All" would emerge from The Kremlin.

We have had the absurd allegations of people who use The Hartlepool Post, threatening Violence & forcing the abandonment of "The Consorts" parade....... Why wasn`t the same allegation made against THe Mail, the same people posted the same comments on both web sites.

If your not happy about the way the site is moderated, I suppose you could always contribute to Hartbeat to get your point across.

ARC86

Steve i think ive been pretty critical in my postings on Labour on this site, so to say the leadership moderates my comments is laughable really seen as im not actively involved.. to suggest im loyal to Labour is very true do i agree with everything Labour does? Of course not. I can understand your frustration that PHF arent doing as well as you might have hoped but there really is no need to take that out on me lol

Fred i admire your persistence and commitment to matters that mean a lot to you, there arent that many out there anymore! the thing which makes this forum great is the very wide spectrum of opinions and pearls of wisdom from its posters

steveL

None of which explains why you are prepeared to criticise PHF without acknowledging that they are. at least, trying to do something as opposed to your coalition friends who are either doing absolutely nothing or, in some cases, are actually at the centre of the problems.   

DRiddle

Arc, you say you're "loyal to Labour" but also state that you're "not actively involved".... busted! you're Jean Robinson.... right?  ::) ;)