another relaunch

Started by craig finton, May 20, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

The Mail will always have a problem because it's limited by 'corporate strategy' which limits its ability to respond in the way that it needs to - must be quite frustrating being a reported at the paper these days.

mk1

Quote from: marky on May 20, 2013, 09: PM
must be quite frustrating being a reported at the paper these days.

Seems a cushy job to me.

Go to Civic Centre.
Pick up News Release.
Slightly alter the  order in order to  make it look different.
Insert flattering reference to the Ackers-Belcher autocracy 
Email it  to  Sunderland for printing.

A job so simple  even a woman could do it!

craig finton

It's even more common for people to save themselves 55p by scanning through the Mail pages in the Supermarkets to see if there's anything worth reading. It usually only takes a minute.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: craig finton on May 21, 2013, 08: AM
It's even more common for people to save themselves 55p by scanning through the Mail pages in the Supermarkets to see if there's anything worth reading. It usually only takes a minute.

I wondered who it was standing next to me last week in Tesco, now i know. :)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It could have been any one of us !
I don't believe it.

testing times

craig finton

I can't see what all the fuss was about. It doesn't look that different to me.

mk1

The look is different but the content is still the same-light on serious news and heavy of photo articles where they make money by selling copies of the pics. The centre inserts they are using have  a very poor quality of  reproduction.

I have noticed a slight softening of the (usual) locking down and deletion of any replies that  make unflattering remarks about Councillors. Given that the majority of the feedback they get is very critical of the Labour group in general I suspect they are waking up to the fact that whilst sucking up to the fat*ty Belchers gets them council revenue if they want  hits in their site they will have to allow the critics a platform.

I am sure it won't be long before the Mail are running a 'Gay Pride In Hartlepool' campaign!

not4me

I think if HTH ran a TV guide then The Mail would be goosed.

steveL

like the tweets....wonder where they got that idea  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

all that I noticed was darker colours and a rather ugly headline font
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."