Wilcox Arrested on Suspicion of Perverting Course of Justice

Started by steveL, May 04, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Whoopssssssssssssss We Gottit Rong Again Ange....

Can`t fault the solicitor, if they have knowledge of the goings on, & said nothing they are culpable.

The Downside of Manor Residents collapsing will be the people who need help the most will be affected, thats what hppened at the Pheonix.

mk1

If I were Angie I would be worried. The way this is going then I suspect the Fa*tty Belchers are planning to ditch her and blame the resulting scandal of the missing money on her personally.
The end of Manor Residents is going to be messy and a scapegoat has to be found.
The Fatt*ies  will be praying she is charged and convicted so they can blame her and avoid any responsibility falling on them.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: mk1 on May 13, 2013, 09: PM
If I were Angie I would be worried. The way this is going then I suspect the Fa*tty Belchers are planning to ditch her and blame the resulting scandal of the missing money on her personally.
The end of Manor Residents is going to be messy and a scapegoat has to be found.
The Fatt*ies  will be praying she is charged and convicted so they can blame her and avoid any responsibility falling on them.

If CAB and SAB could have ditched Wilcox they would have done it months ago.  I wonder if they are worried that when she goes down she decides to take a lot of people with her.  I doubt she is the sort of person to go quietly.  It puts a whole new meaning to the term 'we're all in it together'.

fred c

I back up your opinion on that mk1, CAB abandoning his directorship of WC is a cynical attempt to get his backside out of the ringer, but the fact remains that he was a Director who bailed out the week before Mr Mitchell kicked off his Inquiry.

His Consort is a Trustee of MR along with Paul Beck, forgive my possible ignorance about such matters, but aren`t trustees supposed to oversee matters appertaining to the running of the organisation they are a trustee of ???

There are others of course who have connections to MR & WC, although i won`t mention any names in case 1 of them phones my Boss... but it is a simple task to join the dots to find the link between, MR, WC, Committee Chairs, Directors, Trustees, Councillors, Managers & Families.

The Links are incontrovertible, unequivical & damming, "The Mob" have publicly backed Wilcox & even the Mail will struggle to explain away their involvement in whats been going on.

misinformed

Totally agree Fred C.. the people who work and use Manor Residents Centre will be the ones who suffer in the long run.. MR does a lot of good for the Manor and the town, But now because politics was allowed to enter the building, all the good that was done is now tarnished by political money... everyone will think oh was that due to a quick vote .. answer is NO most of the work done in that place is DONE by LAW abiding and hard working staff... say what you like about AW and her closest mob....  i dont think the staff and residents of the Manor are in her league............ and most of all dont want to be... the Manor residents want and need that centre ran by someone trust worthy, but for how long do they have to put up with the opposite....... :-\

steveL

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 13, 2013, 10: PM

If CAB and SAB could have ditched Wilcox they would have done it months ago.  I wonder if they are worried that when she goes down she decides to take a lot of people with her.  I doubt she is the sort of person to go quietly.  It puts a whole new meaning to the term 'we're all in it together'.

A case of 'we're all right in it together'
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

grim reaper

I agree that the residents of Owton Manor deserve better than MR and its 'management'.
But it also leads me to think; Why keep putting things on a plate for people (such as the free food from the 'banks'?).
Almost all of them have gardens (usually filled with rubbish or overgrown and unrecognisable as a garden).
Why not hand out vegetable seeds and let them grow their own food (as much as possible)?
As it is stated most of them are unemployed, they have all of the time in the world to tend to the produce.
The food banks ought to be a stop-gap until the produce is productive.

But of course, this is Hartlepool and that smells of 'coming down' on people. Conversely, couldn't it be considered people standing up for themselves and taking responsibility for themselves?

fred c

I fear that when the walls do come tumbling down, they will prove extremely difficult to rebuild & Manor Residents will be consigned to history, the same as the Pheonix Centre.

I for one don`t want anymore ratepayers money spent on Voluntary / Charity sector organisations "Until" proper checks & balance take place on the integrity of people who are going to be involved in running them...... & there should be "No Elected" councillors working for them in any capacity other than in the role of a Trustee.

steveL

A lot of this grief could be avoided if sufficient attention was paid to the financial management of community organisations together with appropriate, truly independent and professional auditing. That's what went wrong with the Phoenix Centre and, despite several critical reports at the time, it seems HBC learnt nothing from the experience.

No public money should be handed over to such organisations without a reciprical committment to provide regular evidence of good accounting practice and without a serious committment by HBC to routinely monitor and audit the financial management of such organisations. There are far too many Pontius Pilates within HBC.

It's just plain crazy to hand over large amounts of public money to people who aren't used to handling it.

The shame of all this is that, as I've said previously, there is a lot of good work done in Owton Manor but there is a high chance of it all being put at risk by the appalling standard of management - financial or otherwise.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

The Question about monitoring / auditing organisations that receive public funding was raised by a member of the public in a council meeting, the answer given was that the Council does not audit or monitor where the money goes after it has been allocated to the various groups. (or words to that effect)

It will be interesting to read the report that Drummond ordered into the dealings of Who Cares......... if they ever release it that is....... having said that.... I think Tom Mitchell will probably have a copy, hand delivered by a man in a monkey suit. ;D ;D ;D