Who neutered Keith Fisher?

Started by perseus, April 12, 2013, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perseus

I don't mean any disrespect by the title of the thread. But what the hell has happened to this fella? Prior to May last year I watched him in the public gallery full of hell. The day it became evident that Stephen Akers-Belcher hadn't even found his way to the post office regarding 'that letter', Keith could actually be heard shouting "RESIGN! RESIGN!" at him from the public gallery.

I understand he may have gone quiet on the 'Save the Hospital' front, as he probably knows it's a battle that cannot be won, but i'm disappointed he's been largely mute of late.

And to abstain yesterday....... What the hell was the point of that? I bet the people in his ward didn't elect him so he could essentially say "I have no opinion" during key votes.

Aside from that old dear in the Labour group who had to be nudged awake twice, him abstaining was one of the most abhorrent parts of yesterdays meeting.

Also, how long can he play the 'I'm the new boy card'? It's nearly a year now since he took his seat. It'd be a shame if he just became another conduit for the Labour group.

Howay Keith, grow a pair.

steveL

I believe Keith is a former President of the Constituency Labour Party but became a victim of the snakepit and was thrown out of the party for having his picture taken shaking the hand of a Tory election candidate who was 'supporting' the Save Our Hospital campaign. The picture may have been used in a Tory leaflet, I'm not sure. (funny how hindsight throws up these anomalies)

I'm afraid that there's more to running a campaign than being on the end of the phone when The Mail wants a comment on the latest One-Life disaster.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tankerville

Like many others I too thought Keith a Firebrand and delighted that he won a seat in the last election, he spoke from the heart now it would seem the heart has gone out of him. A great shame.