Dorian Gray

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 01, 2021, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Passed Labour's 'election bunker/golden tanning boutique' in dawns early light this morning. I noticed as I queued behind a delivery lorry that Dr Williams giant  beaming Orwellian poster appeared to be ageing rather like Dorian Gray's portrait....or was it a trick of the twilight?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

eddy

Why dont you set up a webcam so you can sit and watch it 24/7, you seem somewhat obsessed with it

Admittedly the view may get blocked every so often by the que from the food bank but still

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 01, 2021, 08: AM
Passed Labour's 'election bunker/golden tanning boutique' in dawns early light this morning. I noticed as I queued behind a delivery lorry that Dr Williams giant  beaming Orwellian poster appeared to be ageing rather like Dorian Gray's portrait....or was it a trick of the twilight?

But does it come to life as the clock strikes midnight?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 01, 2021, 12: PM

What? Dorian Williams MD, or Eddy....?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on June 01, 2021, 10: AM
Why dont you set up a webcam so you can sit and watch it 24/7, you seem somewhat obsessed with it

Admittedly the view may get blocked every so often by the que from the food bank but still
I find the sight of it soooooo amusing after all the chest beating bluster pre-election. I reckon it's like the  Marie Celeste inside, Labour leaflets piled high, kale smoothies half consumed, paper hankies and spare union jacks in cellophane unopened.
I'd like to know who left town quicker, Dr Feelgood or the good ship Kier Celeste, both heading south at a rate of knots running before the gathering storm.

eddy

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 01, 2021, 12: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 01, 2021, 12: PM

What? Dorian Williams MD, or Eddy....?

I am quite the disco dancer before midnight I will have you know

Inspector Knacker

My dancing skills according to the wife, are like a horse counting with it's hooves by stamping on the floor. Which is why I'm banned, thank god.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 01, 2021, 09: PM
My dancing skills according to the wife, are like a horse counting with it's hooves by stamping on the floor. Which is why I'm banned, thank god.

I once learned clog dancing - do you want lessons?  ::)

Inspector Knacker

Clog dancing eh....hmmmmm...nah. I can count to five with my left hoof, then it gets messy.

Inspector Knacker

I'm informed by a reliable source that the Supreme HQ (ex Golden Tanning Boutique) is merely in mothballs and the beaming picture touched up monthly, awaiting the next General Election, with Dr Dolittle standing again as Kier needs to get his moneys worth back by re-using the Election leaflets.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 24, 2021, 12: PM
I'm informed by a reliable source that the Supreme HQ (ex Golden Tanning Boutique) is merely in mothballs and the beaming picture touched up monthly, awaiting the next General Election, with Dr Dolittle standing again as Kier needs to get his moneys worth back by re-using the Election leaflets.

Suppose it could prevent the destruction of another rain forest ...

Inspector Knacker

Possibly, but what do you do with 8,000 'THE DOC IS FAB' lapel badges, then there's the 'KIER IS KOOL' red balloons...all 45,000 of them....but the 'VOTE LABOUR' inflatable Kier cut n shut dirigible ( ex Zeppelin L13) with his face on the front is deflating at Graythorp.
Many more bargains inside behind the shutters.

eddy

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much Mr Knacker,

Inspector Knacker

Oh, you can never 'protesteth' too much.