New Bunch of UKIP shrills 2019

Started by DRiddle, November 26, 2019, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on November 27, 2019, 01: PM
So David, I am unfamiliar with the term "Shrills".....is it a colloquialism for someone who supports Brexit ?

here you go Fred....remind you of anyone?

What does it mean if someone is shrill?

People who are shrill are typically protesting something or complaining in a screeching, emotional, irritating, overly passionate and possibly unreasonable or hysterical way.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 27, 2019, 04: PM
So David, I am unfamiliar with the term "Shrills".....is it a colloquialism for someone who supports Brexit ?

People who are shrill are typically protesting something or complaining in a screeching, emotional, irritating, overly passionate and possibly unreasonable or hysterical way.

I posted this earlier: 'Suspect that it is a typo ... could this 'Wiki' entry be what was intended? Seems to be a phrase coined in 'certain circles' ....  ;)

'A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. ' Wikipedia'

Inspector Knacker

I think your 'shill' interpretation fit's the bill perfectly.
I get the distinct impression David thinks it's his board and  returning after a long absence was annoyed to find common oiks expressing opinions that clashed with his.
But what brought Lord Snooty back to his 'estate'....?
We've been here all the time, we didn't go away, didn't you notice us when we were supporting you David or do we all sound the same....?
You come back asking inane questions, but giving nothing back but vague answers, so who are the shills....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 27, 2019, 04: PM

'A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. 

Which is the perfect description of the rag-tag bunch of lying carpetbaggers  known as

Who lied and cheated in their election leaflets so they could sneak their  way in the back door and then set up a local branch of the latest Farage Vanity Project.

A collection of washed-up UKIP stalwarts who jumped ship when they realised the public  had had enough of their divisive creed and no longer felt able to hold their noses. Turns it it was not a wise move as The Brexit Party is following UKIP  straight down the plughole!

Quote from: SRMoore on January 25, 2018, 10: AM

I genuinely love the job I do as a Borough Councillor and devote a lot of time and energy into doing it. However I have been increasingly hating politics and party games, from all sides. It does nothing to help the people of Hartlepool and only makes getting positive outcomes more difficult (because God forbid you have a good idea that may help people if you are not of the same political party as those who make the decisions). I'll be honest and say I used to think that people like Geoff who would say they wished party politics was banned at a local level were bonkers, not living in the real world. But actually, when you are on the inside seeing how it ruins things I have to admit he and others were right. (First and only time I'll say it Geoff  :P )

So we are where we are today. I'm an Independent Councillor who is not a member of any political party. I sit as part of a 'grouping' within the council as without it I would no doubt be stripped of committee places out of spite. This grouping is not a political party and it will not be fielding candidates in local elections. That isn't to say I and others wouldn't assist Independent candidates who stand for election or others who may ask for it.

I've been asked why I didn't just join PHF and I guess thats a reasonable question. The answer is simple. I didn't want to join another political party as Putting Hartlepool First is. And to be honest, when you speak to people in town PHF can be just as polarising as other party's in getting very political at times. I genuinely wish to stay out of it. ..........

DRiddle

Sue Little has joined the dark side eh? Another one pulling the wool over the electorates eyes. Getting pictured cosying to the Brexit party candidate doesn't sit well for me when an independent does it.

Hubris

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
I imagine it'll die down after the vote. The forum has a history of attracting 'characters' in the weeks before a local or general election.

Not so sure on that one DR. Rather than dying down, I reckon when Tice gets voted in as our MP in a couple of weeks, you and mikeyboy will be so apoplectic that between you, you'll soon be getting closer to your target of 10K of angry futile posts.

mk1

https://youtu.be/uT5I9Hldx04?t=340

The cards must have been  jokers!

If he does win the seat anyone wish to predict when he will announce he is rejoining the Conservative  Party?

akarjl2

Quote from: Hubris on November 27, 2019, 08: PM
I reckon when Tice gets voted in as our MP in a couple of weeks

I ask again - if Tice gets in as MP what will he do once we have left the EU?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 27, 2019, 08: PM

He will rejoin the Conservative Party-along with Shane.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 27, 2019, 06: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 27, 2019, 04: PM

'A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. 

Which is the perfect description of the rag-tag bunch of lying carpetbaggers  known as

Who lied and cheated in their election leaflets so they could sneak their  way in the back door and then set up a local branch of the latest Farage Vanity Project.

A collection of washed-up UKIP stalwarts who jumped ship when they realised the public  had had enough of their divisive creed and no longer felt able to hold their noses. Turns it it was not a wise move as The Brexit Party is following UKIP  straight down the plughole!

Quote from: SRMoore on January 25, 2018, 10: AM

I genuinely love the job I do as a Borough Councillor and devote a lot of time and energy into doing it. However I have been increasingly hating politics and party games, from all sides. It does nothing to help the people of Hartlepool and only makes getting positive outcomes more difficult (because God forbid you have a good idea that may help people if you are not of the same political party as those who make the decisions). I'll be honest and say I used to think that people like Geoff who would say they wished party politics was banned at a local level were bonkers, not living in the real world. But actually, when you are on the inside seeing how it ruins things I have to admit he and others were right. (First and only time I'll say it Geoff  :P )

So we are where we are today. I'm an Independent Councillor who is not a member of any political party. I sit as part of a 'grouping' within the council as without it I would no doubt be stripped of committee places out of spite. This grouping is not a political party and it will not be fielding candidates in local elections. That isn't to say I and others wouldn't assist Independent candidates who stand for election or others who may ask for it.

I've been asked why I didn't just join PHF and I guess thats a reasonable question. The answer is simple. I didn't want to join another political party as Putting Hartlepool First is. And to be honest, when you speak to people in town PHF can be just as polarising as other party's in getting very political at times. I genuinely wish to stay out of it. ..........

Moons waxed and waned, the lilacs bloomed and died'....... and still he droned on .

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 27, 2019, 06: PM
Sue Little has joined the dark side eh?
What side are you joining on Election Day?

Another one pulling the wool over the electorates eyes.
She's being quite open about it actually, we know who she's supporting, we don't know your intentions though.

Getting pictured cosying to the Brexit party candidate doesn't sit well for me when an independent does it.
Why should she care what you think....?

fred c

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 27, 2019, 04: PM

OMG a 'Typo' by David, I thought he was infallible, obviously not which is a relief cos no ones perfect.

mk1

I reckon when Tice gets voted in as our MP in a couple of weeks...............

Steve nailed it years back. Change 'UKIP' to 'Brexit Party' and it could have been written yesterday.

Quote from: steveL on November 22, 2016, 12: PM

That said, what happens to UKIP is particularly relevant to Hartlepool because of the amount of effort/money that is being put into taking the parliamentary seat from Labour. Part of that plan is to throw resources at local elections purely to establish a platform for their parliamentary candidate. This has meant that we have been lumbered with six, lame-duck UKIP Councillors operating under a national curfew not to make any waves which might impact on their Westminster candidate's chances.

Hubris

I reckon when Tice gets voted in as our MP in a couple of weeks

I've explained in other posts, but frankly, even if he sat all day just picking his nose, he'd still be better for this town than Cran the man, Invisible Hill or Hang-on a mo!
Anyway, go and listen to him somewhere this week, or get down to his HQ in Elwick Rd, or dig out his Hartlepool TV interview on YouTube. You'll soon get the gist of him and what he's going to try and do for the town. Look, I'm not particularly a Brexit Party fan, and like you was initially thinking....where do they go once Brexit is a done deal? but in Hartlepool a Tory vote would be a waste, and the thought of any of those 3 above is truly scary, I'm settling for the 'least worst' option. And if you go into this forum's Facebook version, you'll see just how strongly the support for Tice is growing every day.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 27, 2019, 08: PM

He will rejoin the Conservative Party-along with Shane.

ahhh ok!
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....