Boots the Chemist

Started by Hartlepudlion, May 29, 2019, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

I've been wondering why the shelves in Boots in our shopping centre are looking rather empty?

It now looks like it will be one of the two hundred Boots stores to be closed over the next couple of years.

If high rents are a contributory factor then what's in it for the owners? Surely some rent is better than none?

Does anybody know if Business Rates are charged only on occupied premises or on the whole complex? Empty shops zero rated?

Land Phil

Just like Jake the peg, with an extra leg we have 3 Boots in Hartlepool.

Which one do you think will close ?

(! would have 50p on the one in the town centre)

seaton

Quote from: Land Phil on May 29, 2019, 09: AM
Just like Jake the peg, with an extra leg we have 3 Boots in Hartlepool.

Which one do you think will close ?

(! would have 50p on the one in the town centre)
I suspect it would have closed a while but it probably will do when the lease runs out, Boots is more expensive for toiletries/medication than Wilkie and shop opposite, can't remember the name of it.
Both Boots the one in the Shopping Centre and the one the Marina rarely have many customers so both could go.

stokoe

Just walked through the so called shopping centre it's quite deserted,the town is totally f**c*** in my eyes.

pieface

Quote from: stokoe on May 29, 2019, 11: AM
Just walked through the so called shopping centre it's quite deserted,the town is totally f**c*** in my eyes.

Don't panic millions been spent on a right turn into the deserted Middleton grange that will help...
Hartlepool shopping experience is disjointed, over high on business rates and full of greasy takeaways.