Returning Bus Services

Started by steveL, October 15, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I seem to remember No 6 telling us all about the return of these bus service a couple of weeks ago and the suspicion at the time was over how miraculous this was just before a by-election. He was quite clear that this was bugger all to do with HBC and yet here we are presented with a staged photo in The Labour Daily and a front page headline two weeks after No6 broke the news on HTH.

It's 'standing room only' in the pic with lots of quoters about how everyone had campaigned tirelessly for the returned services including Mad Dog herself who seems to claim it was all down to Scrootinee.....

Pathetic really....but never mind......the grim reaper is coming for the town's ailing Labour group....and about time too.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/bus-services-restored-after-u-turn-1-5024468

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Mad Dog opined:

"Residents are constantly requesting that bus services be improved at council scrutiny meetings"

I was unaware 'council scrutiny meetings' had their own busses running when in session.

Anyway why should she worry. She only has to waddle half way up Park road.

Julie noted

So two-faced, so brazen.  >:(
I'll bet a pound to a piece of excretia that the numpties in this town don't see it for the attempt at vote catching that it obviously is!

And please, no more oversized pictures of mugs...it turns my stomach.
(Keeps the kids away from the fireplace though). 8)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Julie noted on October 15, 2012, 04: PM
So two-faced, so brazen.  >:(
I'll bet a pound to a piece of excretia that the numpties in this town don't see it for the attempt at vote catching that it obviously is!

(Keeps the kids away from the fireplace though). 8)

Hmm...with those mug shots in must remember to get a few extra copies of the Mail. Paper training is in order for my nephew's new cocker spaniel puppy...wonder if 7 weeks is too young for little George be taught to aim straight for the smug ones' faces?  ???

no6bus

The services will run from November 11th for a six month trial period and it made me laugh that the council who wouldn't subsidise these services are trying to claim the credit when it is down to our new regional md

mk1

Quote from: Julie noted on October 15, 2012, 04: PM

(Keeps the kids away from the fireplace though).

I took that as a personal challenge.......

This one is really scary

for fawkes sake

. . . and how long is it since any of the people in the picture got on a bus?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

no6bus

Quote from: kipperdip on October 15, 2012, 07: PM
Grateful to No6 for that clarification.
I'm really glad that you believe that this reinstatement of bus services in Seaton was entirely due to the altruism of the Board at Stagecoach, and nothing at all to do with the ruling Labour Mafia.
Are you seriously telling us that the timing of this reinstaement of services is 'purely coincidental' to the fact that it would have been 4 days before their (mutually agreed) polling date of November 15th?

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.
Sorry if you feel that I am misleading anybody but as it is my role to work on the work Rota's for hartlepool depot I think I am more aware of the circumstances than most on here, the services needed to be registered with vosa 8 weeks in advance of services starting and the M D is still settling into his role and was of the opinion that the services should be tried to see if the patronage was there so the date was governed by the necessity to adhere to vosa regulations as well as time to sort out the changes to our working times.
So in reply YES I am telling you it was nothing to do with the council

St Paul

Well it seems that No6 is the one who would know the truth of the matter which makes the photoshoot about as cynical as you can get.