Wide spread anti social behavior

Started by Disgruntled voter, August 09, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disgruntled voter

I have noticed on local news,hartlepool alert and sometimes by word of mouth, that there is a significant level of anti social behaviour and vandalism across the town. And the majority of councillors are preoccupied with other schemes or they have no funds left in the collective labour pot to tackle such issues.

Hartlepudlion

No votes in this so no ward budget monies?

testing times

Anti-Social Behaviour and Drugs are two subjects that the council appear to have no interest in other than producing the occasional report to put on the nearest shelf. There's another story in The Mail tonight about the yobs occupying Rossmere Park following on yesterday's meaningless claim that the community officers 'are watching' with their new fangled body cameras. Isn't it obvious from the recent vandalism that they are clearly not watching enough?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/disabled-woman-says-park-bullies-are-making-my-life-hell-1-8693888

The Great Dictator

Nasty incident at Seaton the other night, a house and car smashed up by thugs after midnight, a revenge attack i'm told.

mk1

People always look the other way and don't want to get involved.  You can not blame 'the council' for the cowardice of those who know what is going on but want someone else to sort it out for them. For the life of me I do not understand anyone who simply stands and watches  this sort of behaviour and then refuses to give statements to identify the culprits.

dowager

Anti-Social behaviour is the responsibility of the community and the response should be from the police.

No idea why the council should be responsible for failed parenting ? 

Is the council responsible for every car in Hartlepool now running red lights at every junction ?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: dowager on August 11, 2017, 10: AM

No idea why the council should be responsible for failed parenting ? 
They're far too busy at failing to run the town to spare the time..
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Disgruntled voter

The council should try to take control of their wards. Oxford Road area is full of smack heads due to slum lands who don't care who the tenant is ...if the council pays!!! Loads of decent working families still living there but the area is becoming overrun with junkies !! Housing them all together in the same area is reckless

Inspector Knacker

Funny that this subject came up. I was working near Rossmere and while driving around the area saw a tree whose bark had been peeled off banana style. A thoroughly pointless act that makes you wonder what, if anything, goes on in their heads
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on August 11, 2017, 09: PM
The council should try to take control of their wards. Oxford Road area is full of smack heads due to slum lands who don't care who the tenant is ...if the council pays!!! Loads of decent working families still living there but the area is becoming overrun with junkies !! Housing them all together in the same area is reckless

Good luck with trying to get residents who live outside the town centre accept their share of anti-social tenants. Brutal truth is the 80% of people who do not live in these dumping grounds could not give a flying feck how bad it is for 'you' as  long as 'they' are ok. I expect to hear excuses like 'I paid good money to get away from all that' -NIMBY writ large.
It could only happen because the councillors for the central wards bend over and grab their ankles when Cwiss tells them to ignore the problem.

Disgruntled voter

I think the main problem is property prices and the council selling property to private landlords for pittance. ..the slum landlord doesn't care who he houses because he is up wynyard.hartlepool has always had rough areas but Oxford Road is starting to look like a scene from the walking dead...and I have learned from the watching the show you don't want the walkers herding together :)...

not4me

Peeling the bark off a tree in a full circle kills the tree. So for little effort, a yob can kill off something that took a couple of hundred years to grow.

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: not4me on August 12, 2017, 10: AM
Peeling the bark off a tree in a full circle kills the tree. So for little effort, a yob can kill off something that took a couple of hundred years to grow.

It's a shame we can't peel down the little gits skin from beneath one of his knees...

dowager

I'll repeat myself:

<<<<<<<<<<<<
Anti-Social behaviour is the responsibility of the community and the response should be from the police.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and as an aside, the tree at the bottom of the ramp in York Road has had its bark peeled right off too

mk1

Quote from: dowager on August 13, 2017, 06: PM
and as an aside, the tree at the bottom of the ramp in York Road has had its bark peeled right off too

As I was cutting through Potter Walk about a week ago a boy and girl of about 7 were uprooting a newly planted tree in the grass patch by twirling it round and round whilst 4 adults were stood around watching them. A second tree had already been flattened by (I presume) a car being driven over it.  I got the impression the kids were doing what the adults told them and  if you look at the pic I bet you can guess why  some people living there might want the new trees removed.

A few days ago I noticed the council had given up and  both trees had been removed. Maybe the Council should re designate that grass a Travellers Pitch to teach the current tenants a lesson?