Why?

Started by BresslawoffoftheBunker, July 02, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Username on July 03, 2017, 12: PM
Perhaps you could tell me why it isn't a fair point?

Perhaps you could tell me why you have not provided a link to another forum/page where we can see that  60 posts-a-day is your normal style.
Indeed any link anywhere that shows even 20-30 posts a day will do.

Land Phil

My take on the 3 events ..

Seaton Rock, shame but it looked like a damp squib to me.
The headliners didn't bother with an encore, not sure if that was because of the numbers.
Maybe a venue that is not next a sewerage works next time might help.

Race for life, the money raised should pay the salary of the CEO of Cancer Research for 6-8 weeks.
I wish it was for smaller charities.

Armed forces day. I didn't know anything about it.
I was highly offended by pictures of a little girl waving a machine gun.

So yes, lots of people making an effort and good on them for trying. I just think they have a lot to overcome trying in Hartlepool.

I watched the end of Seaton Rocks and was daft enough to sponsor friends in the Race for Life even though I am critical.
I probably would have looked in on the armed forces day too had I known.

For me it just goes to show what a loss to the town not having a quality local paper any more is.

Inspector Knacker

What exactly was the 'support' these three events received from the council ?
This is the problem with BOTB's  niggling point, he uses the events to praise the council, no mention of the people who actually did the work, the volunteers.
It's like the wild flowers. When they proved popular they became the Labour wild flowers. Fellow travellers pumping out the message.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

When the chap who organised the Headland event, a good friend of mine, personally thanks HBC for their support and says that they would not have achieved what they did without HBC's support that's good enough proof for me.

steveL

There are plenty of good council officers both able and willing to provide support in such instances but if you think any of the CABAL are even slightly interested, especially in anything that happens within the Ancient Borough, then you are sorely mistaken. Yes they'll sign off a financial contribution and might even dip into their ward budgets but if it's outside the Owton Manor/Rift House republic then forget it.

The Heugh Battery guys always organise good events and I suspect the people from the Carnival Committee will also have had a lot of input but I think the people on the Headland learned long ago that if they want something organising then it's best to get on with it themselves.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

.....with the 'acknowledged'  support of HBC, my original point.

Username

Quote from: mk1 on July 03, 2017, 12: PM
Quote from: Username on July 03, 2017, 12: PM
Perhaps you could tell me why it isn't a fair point?

Perhaps you could tell me why you have not provided a link to another forum/page where we can see that  60 posts-a-day is your normal style.
Indeed any link anywhere that shows even 20-30 posts a day will do.

Why would I do this? That's silly. The average forum has a small section open to the public and the rest is for members only. Even if I were to provide a link the content would not be visible.

Also, most forum users are happy to answer questions and not question the motivations of a user which reduces the number of posts significantly.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Aye, but this is a long way from being the 'average' forum !!

steveL

Dead right BBB. I guess that's why you just can't resist coming back even though I've never known you to contribute anything useful. You are the Eeyore of social media.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 03, 2017, 03: PM
.....with the 'acknowledged'  support of HBC, my original point.
Council officers yes, councillors no. You fail to grasp the differentiation.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 03, 2017, 04: PM
Aye, but this is a long way from being the 'average' forum !!
So why do you keep coming back? Admit it, you love it. Either that or your turn on the rota to be a nuisance has come up.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Kevin actually thanks HBC and "councillors".   

BresslawoffoftheBunker

.... but you clearly know better than I do !

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 03, 2017, 05: PM
Kevin actually thanks HBC and "councillors".
And?
Lots of people thank lots of people and so the world turns.

mk1

Quote from: Username on July 03, 2017, 03: PM
Even if I were to provide a link the content would not be visible.

So you have never heard of 'save as complete web page' and you do not know how to do a screen grab? You must think everyone is as stupid as you.