Why?

Started by BresslawoffoftheBunker, July 02, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Three events wholly supported by HBC and huge successes and not a mention on here.  Is this place for negativity only ?

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 02, 2017, 09: PM
Three events wholly supported by HBC and huge successes and not a mention on here. 

They were mentioned here-by you.

Perhaps what you mean is you cant be bothered to get off your big fat ars*e and compose a post and are waiting for others to do it for you?

steveL

Three events wholly supported by HBC and huge successes and not a mention on here.  Is this place for negativity only ?

If you want your news sugar-coated then you have Hartlepool Mail, Hartbeat and now Hartlepool Life - that's quite a choice for a small town like Hartlepool and a bit too much bread and circuses for our taste.

So, if you don't mind, allow us to cover reality just to balance things up a bit.

Failing that, you're always free to post more 'positive' news yourself.

I once stopped Richard Mennear on the steps of the Civic and asked him when the hell was The Mail going to start covering the Manor Residents story?

"What Manor Residents story," was his reply.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Why do you come on here? You obviously don't like the place, so you're either a party foot soldier or get some 'pleasure' posting contrary posts. Very odd behaviour.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

You really are a funny lot

fred c

I know for certain, every now and again, The Post deliberately don't push some articles......... they are ever hopeful that the Mail will actually print something that isn't either plagiarised from The Post or a Council PR statement..... now and again they astound us all by doing just that.

marky

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 02, 2017, 10: PM
Why do you come on here? You obviously don't like the place, so you're either a party foot soldier or get some 'pleasure' posting contrary posts. Very odd behaviour.

He only ever comes on here to slag the site off; he's far too negative for my taste.  ::)

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 02, 2017, 10: PM

The 'intent' is just to initiate a conversation and then keep it going.

Username

I think it's a fair point. I only attended the armed forces day but it was a fantastic event. It not only highlighted one of the attractions the town has, the Heugh Battery, which despite living close to I'd never before visited but the atmosphere was incredible. The town did itself proud with that event.

The Great Dictator

Which 3 events do you mean Bresslaw ?

fred c

Surprise surprise....... someone agrees that BOTB makes a fair point :)

Inspector Knacker

The council did not initiate these events, they supported these events as any authority would be expected to. Congratulations to those organisations who were the driving force behind them. They are the heroes.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 03, 2017, 06: AM
Surprise surprise....... someone agrees that BOTB makes a fair point :)
I'd be shocked and traumatised if that 'someone' didn't offer support.

Username

Perhaps you could tell me why it isn't a fair point?