Started by steveL, May 05, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

jeffh

Quote from: mk1 on May 05, 2017, 08: PM
Quote from: fred c on May 05, 2017, 08: PM

Your a very nawty boy......

No, I am the Messiah
...always look on the bright side of life - di-dum, di-dum, di-dumpty, dumpty, dum

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on May 05, 2017, 07: PM
So will Ray have to act like a Conservative.

hahahahahahahahahahaha........ NFC

for fawkes sake

The real conundrum for Wells will come if Hartlepool elects a Tory as MP
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: for fawkes sake on May 05, 2017, 08: PM
I Suspect he'll have no problem adapting his unique style of 'Conservatism' to slip seamlessly into line with the new order.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

Quote from: for fawkes sake on May 05, 2017, 08: PM

I think there is a good chance of not if but WHEN.

I suspect many - having sent a message that we want out of Europe, will now want to send a message saying get it done and look after our interest- AND in Hartlepool, destroy the "SCabinet" .

UKIP no longer exist - Citizen Corbyn couldn't  argue his way out of a wet paper bag, leaving no real choice other than Mother Theresa.

Mr and Mrs CAB, Mad Dog and Crannible taking the p**s and milking the system will most likely result in a Tory MP in the town.

mala

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Council Labour Party discussion after the voting in the General Election result gives Hartlepool a Conservative MP for the first time since 1964
I hope the TV companies are in the Mill House as the votes are being counted as I would love to see the faces of our Dear Leader and his cohorts (RMW included)

steveL

"He's got it for three years and then we'll take it off him", so said the spirit of cooperation from the Labour guy on the Sunday Politics.

Nothing like a bad loser.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

Well he was born in Ingleby Barwick and lives in Yarm so at least there's slightly less chance of him being Boro-centric which is what we would have got if Labour had got it.

Inspector Knacker

Which begs the question, where is he based for his role as Mayor ?

steveL

Teesdale, I believe, which is about central.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Heknocks68

Interesting, glossy mag "summer 2017" indicates a mere turn out of 21.31% for the entire tees valley cleveland mayor election, a clear indication the majority lost. Most people did not want a tvc mayor, the turn out strongly indicates this. Ah well, whats done is done I guess, just have to live with the fall out. Just hope the conservative mayor can work really well with the labour councils , bit like our local reps from conservative and labour, but in a much more appropriate manner.Then we can all enjoy the results of the £450million investment. Ok, we shall wait and see.

steveL

That £450m is spread over 30 years - £15m a year covering all 5 local authorities. Compare that to the £15bn spent on Crossrail in London, a single transport project in London and you get some idea just how serious we should take this so-called cash windfall.

Hartlepudlion

The only people to benefit are the Mayor and his cabinet.

The SCABs etc are in clover. They must be laughing their socks off.

It seems that the Cabinet was chosen befor the Mayor election. I wonder why the Mayor couldn't have chosen his own cabinet? Labour stitched it up in the Constitution? Anybody know?

Inspector Knacker

This is an ideal situation for them, when the Mayor cocks up, they blame him. If there was a Labour Mayor they'd have had no one to blame.