Tories Win Mayoral Election

Started by steveL, May 05, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

You couldn't make this stuff up could you, Labour are dead and buried nationally  :-\

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 link=topic=3973.msg41240#msg41240 date=149399165
Will the Muslim/immigrant hating bong-eyed loonies defect to EDL or BNP?
/quote]

Unless someone stands for a bong eyed loony party I suspect most will go with the Tories as there appears to be no other viable alternative ;)

steveL

All we need now is for the Tories to win Hartlepool and there's a very good chance the new Mayor will make sure we get a fair share of any investment money going.

The constituency polls put the Tories 2% in front in Hartlepool at the moment.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Trouble is the 'Mayor' has to rely on five Labour Councils. Result , chaos.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 05, 2017, 06: PM

Or...........the two sides could compromise and work towards making sure both types of voters get some of what they want. Its a quaint old idea but  utterly crushing and disenfranchising everyone who does not agree with 'you' might not be the only  way forward.

jeffh

Quote from: mk1 on May 05, 2017, 06: PM

Or...........the two sides could compromise and work towards making sure both types of voters get some of what they want. Its a quaint old idea but  utterly crushing and disenfranchising everyone who does not agree with 'you' might not be the only  way forward.
Can you honestly see CAB signing up to that - he consigned Drummond to history - where was the spirit of cooperation then?

mk1

Quote from: gerek on May 05, 2017, 06: PM

Can you honestly see CAB signing up to that - he consigned Drummond to history - where was the spirit of cooperation then?

He can react how he wants. I am simply saying there is a way forward if the myopic all-or-nothing obsessives want to find a way. Hopefully the coming storm will rid us of the crooks and thieves currently holding sway in Hartlepool.

fred c

There will be a Leaders Monthly Meeting, the plots and plans to thwart any progress the Tory Mayor may want to make in Tees Valley will come thick and fast........ Cwistopher's handbook on how to get rid of an elected Mayor will be a must read for his fellow leaders.   ;D ;D ;D

mk1

Quote from: fred c on May 05, 2017, 07: PM
There will be a Leaders Monthly Meeting, the plots and plans to thwart any progress the Tory Mayor may want to make in Tees Valley will come thick and fast........ Cwistopher's handbook on how to get rid of an elected Mayor will be a must read for his fellow leaders.

He is buggered. He promoted it and it came back and bit him on the ar*se. If he wants to obsess about it then let him. He is stuck with the result and it will be thrown back in his face all the time. Its his own personal Albatross.
Perhaps some obliging Councillor could warmly congratulate him in chamber for his sterling work. Achieving what most thought was impossible. Getting a Tory elected on Teesside!

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on May 05, 2017, 07: PM
There will be a Leaders Monthly Meeting, the plots and plans to thwart any progress the Tory Mayor may want to make in Tees Valley will come thick and fast........ Cwistopher's handbook on how to get rid of an elected Mayor will be a must read for his fellow leaders.

He is buggered. He promoted it and it came back and bit him on the ar*se. If he wants to obsess about it then let him. He is stuck with the result and it will be thrown back in his face all the time. Its his own personal Albatross.

Would you care to choose another 3rd word in your post it may cause offence......  :P

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 05, 2017, 07: PM
Quote from: mk1 on May 05, 2017, 06: PM

That's the sensible, logical conclusion that most people would adopt, working in co-operation.

However, we aren't dealing with ordinary people. We're dealing with political scorpions. A scorpion asked a tiger for a lift across a river. The tiger said no, you'll sting me. The scorpion pleaded and said he wouldn't because if he stung the tiger they'd both drown. The tiger saw the logic and gave the scorpion a lift. Halfway across the scorpion stung the tiger. The tiger said why did you do that, you promised not to and we're going to die now. The scorpion said I know, but I'm a scorpion and that's what we do.

mk1

Would you care to choose another 3rd word in your post it may cause offence...... 

I chose my words very carefully. I would be lying if I said any  offence was unintentional.

Inspector Knacker

I'd have loved to his face when the result was announced. He probably wants to see if it's posdible to backdate a mayoral referendum. Enjoy.

Land Phil

So will Ray have to act like a Conservative.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on May 05, 2017, 07: PM

Would you care to choose another 3rd word in your post it may cause offence...... 

I chose my words very carefully. I would be lying if I said any  offence was unintentional.

Your a very nawty boy...... lmap