Mail Plays Catch Up

Started by testing times, April 29, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

I see the Mail is playing catch up again with the Post. Silly thing to start all this just before an election. People don't like parties that fight amongst themselves.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/letter-of-no-confidence-calls-on-hartlepool-s-ukip-committee-to-stand-down-1-8518217

jeffh

Quote from: testing times on April 29, 2017, 09: AM
I see the Mail is playing catch up again with the Post. Silly thing to start all this just before an election. People don't like parties that fight amongst themselves.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/letter-of-no-confidence-calls-on-hartlepool-s-ukip-committee-to-stand-down-1-8518217
Maybe they've had orders from the Kremlin

fred c

Quote from: gerek on April 29, 2017, 09: AM
Quote from: testing times on April 29, 2017, 09: AM

Maybe they've had orders from the Kremlin

Who of us would bet against interference from a Kremlin source, we can expect more of it....... Nuttall is in town today, will the Mail actually have a reporter in attendance at the event, it is a Double Bubble pay day...... so maybe not

steveL

Interesting point. Usually this close to an election the Mail would stay well clear of stuff like this - not that they have to - Purdah applies to the council NOT the press. Have Labour picked up the Post story and forwarded it onto the Mail?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Yesterday's Mail had a big pat on the back for themselves because of their sterling work uncovering Council misdeeds.

steveL

I saw this piece yesterday and almost choked on my Veuve Clicquot. I did think about writing a comment underneath but thought better of it. Then when I checked back later, the example stories had changed to something else.

At the height of the Manor Residents thing, I once stopped Richard Mennear on the steps of the Civic and asked him, "When is The Mail going to cover the Manor Residents fiasco"

"What about Manor Residents?" was his response.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

;D ;D

Well whoever J.r. Ewing is - nice one ;)

not4me

tut don't you know anything?He was the guy shot by Kristen

Inspector Knacker

The trouble with the Mail is it should be leading the charge to find these things out. Sadly, it limps along behind the crowd 'revealing' that which is already public knowledge. Not so much catching our attention, more, vaguely stating the 'bleedin obvious' when it cannot be avoided anymore.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on April 29, 2017, 10: AM
Interesting point. Usually this close to an election the Mail would stay well clear of stuff like this - not that they have to - Purdah applies to the council NOT the press. Have Labour picked up the Post story and forwarded it onto the Mail?
Saw today that the Tories have paid millions for local newspapers to have a wrap-around Tory applauding front page that is designed to look exactly like the front page of the paper that includes it.