The slimline Mail.

Started by The Great Dictator, April 06, 2017, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Looks like the Mail is suffering from the after effects of the new local paper HARTLEPOOL LIFE.

Advertising is well down on last month and the paper is packed with Holidays, Health advice and Horse racing.

Strange thing is, they pick up a good story and are pressured into ditching it before it gets to print.

Just last week a leading Hartlepool fire chief was caught drink driving after he crashed his high powered company car through someones garden fence where the kids were playing.

It appeared on the website for an hour and was then withdrawn, now why would that happen ?

Steely Dan

The Mail is crap and Hartlepool Life is even worse.

Inspector Knacker

They're both toothless tigers full of adverts, but if we were left with just the free pamphlet full of ads and Pyonyang happy news we'd be better off reading the entrails of squashed hedgehogs on the road for news.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Riqueti

Sadly I was thinking yesterday how the Hartlepool Life in their positive stories only approach is going to end up even worse than the Mail. I understand the idea of positivity only but the news isn't all positive is it? They won't dare challenge anything the council does either so I'm struggle to see how it's going to be anything other than a happy clappy echo chamber of adverts and council press releases that will contribute to the Town's general apathy about the corruption that goes on.

Just going to be free version of the Mail ... but weekly

The Great Dictator

LIFE is 3 weeks old, i think Paul Beany, Dick van Dirk and Leon Gillard are doing a great job so far.

I even like the Editor Chart Chat Arkley, he's very dignified and well mannered.

I saw 2 women fighting over the last copy in ASDA yesterday so it must be good  ;D

Riqueti

Yes, let's hope they can keep it up

fred c

IF........... I was of a mind to cut a full copy of The Mail into 10"x8" pieces and hang them on a hook on the right hand wall of my netty................

Then did exactly the same with the Freebie Paper, but hung it on hook on the left hand wall of my netty................... there wouldn't be anything between them when it came to wiping my a**e.......

If on the other hand the Freebie decided to at least make the attempt to be a 'Local Newspaper'  ..............I was sorta hoping, but after 3 copies nahhhhh

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 07, 2017, 11: AM

I saw 2 women fighting over the last copy in ASDA yesterday so it must be good  ;D
If true, how would they have picked it up if both wearing straight jackets, because anybody who'd fight over that deserves to be sectioned.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

Do you have an outside toilet Fred, i'd like to shake your hand after you wash it.

fred c

I remember squares of newspaper hanging in the bog........ it was better than Izal, that used to slide right up your back with the contents attached....... allegedly, it is Her Majesty's paper of choice....... could you confirm that TGD, a man with your connections may know ...  :) :) :)

The Great Dictator

I was a guest at the palace in 2001 but toilet roll wasn't part of the discussions  :-[

fred c

Apologies..... to everyone.... I have contributed in dragging this thread into the gutter....... :(

crisstw

It's a shame the Hartlepool Mail is garbage

fred c

Helen Goodman.. said.

"We have had an excellent debate, and I am grateful to all right hon. and hon. Members who took part. This is a significant issue. There was consensus today about the significance of local news for democracy and communities, and agreement that we need to keep a watchful eye on this matter"

In the case of the Mail, it is far to late to rectify the local news problem........ I rang the office at 8.30am to mention a local news item, no answer, so I just rang off.