Sylvia Quits

Started by steveL, March 21, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Quote from: kevplumb on March 29, 2017, 02: PM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-councillor-reveals-reasons-for-standing-down-1-8462873

This reads remarkably similar to the last time she quit and is being quite heavily spun. I can exclusively reveal that the real reason is that she didn't like the carpets in the council chamber.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

akarjl

Carpet burns must be a bugger.....

Johnny Bongo

Please forgive my ignorance/ bad memory/ stupidity but what is Councillor Stephen Thomas' position?  Is he resigning also?

Inspector Knacker

A compliant minion departs, no doubt to be replaced by another compliant minion. Anonymous, they rise without trace, sink, and rise again and still remain anonymous. A departure that means nothing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

Quote from: Riddler5 on March 30, 2017, 06: AM
A compliant minion departs, no doubt to be replaced by another compliant minion. Anonymous, they rise without trace, sink, and rise again and still remain anonymous. A departure that means nothing.
We don't know that, do we?
The last 2 elections at Headland & Harbour have seen Labour ousted - Sylvia is the last one

jeffh

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on March 29, 2017, 10: PM
Please forgive my ignorance/ bad memory/ stupidity but what is Councillor Stephen Thomas' position?  Is he resigning also?
Should imagine it would depend upon whether he's got another job to go to

fred c

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on March 29, 2017, 10: PM

I think his 'day job' is working for CABS Healthwatch, not sure what that entails but you have to think whatever it is will place him on the same page as CAB.......

I believe he is the Chair of Children's Services

https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/councillors/106/stephen_thomas

steveL

From what I hear, Thomas does the work at Healthwatch while CAB flits about playing Leader and pretty much does what he likes. He (Thomas) is Chair of Adult Services
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

One toots the whistle and the other shovels the coal into the gravy train.

If there was ever a waste of money it is Healthwatch.

Sceptical I tried the service after an alarming experience in the back of an Ambulance.
Their response was useless. Basically do everything myself and let them know.

fred c

Bulls**t Reports that don't have any real effects on the people of Hartlepool except for the people who are paid to produce the Bulls**t Reports.....

Can anyone 'remind me how and to whom' the Healthwatch Contract was awarded  ??? ??? ???

Truthache

I attended a multi-agency presentation (marketplace even) at North Tees a few months ago.  It was noticeable how Healthwatch Stockton were well represented with lots of information available.  Hartlepool Healthwatch was not represented and I suspect to many people they are anonymous in the town.  Perhaps other Post readers know different.

fred c

I don't know anybody who knows what it is they actually do...... and I know a lot of people :)

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: gerek on March 30, 2017, 07: AM
Quote from: Riddler5 on March 30, 2017, 06: AM
We don't know that, do we?
The last 2 elections at Headland & Harbour have seen Labour ousted - Sylvia is the last one
I wasn't referring to the ward, but what passes for the Labour Party.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.