Sylvia Quits

Started by steveL, March 21, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Bit quicker than I expected but hey ho!

Money will be on a by-election on the same day as the Tees Valley Mayoral Vote

May the 4th be with you!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/fed-up-hartlepool-councillor-to-stand-down-due-to-tough-budget-cuts-1-6523105

Which Well's family member is going to wake up one morning and find they have been selected as a candidate for that Ward?

steveL

Quote from: mk1 on March 21, 2017, 02: PM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/fed-up-hartlepool-councillor-to-stand-down-due-to-tough-budget-cuts-1-6523105

Which Well's family member is going to wake up one morning and find they have been selected as a candidate for that Ward?

That link is for the last time she quit in 2014 when she was in de Brus
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on March 21, 2017, 02: PM

https://youtu.be/tkplPbd2f60?t=1m52s

Steely Dan

Didn't Mandelson once say "I'm a fighter not a quitter"?

Seems like she's a quitter not a fighter.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: steveL on March 21, 2017, 02: PM

https://youtu.be/tkplPbd2f60?t=1m52s

Who'll take the part of Riff Raff?  ???

Foggy

I wonder what 'official' reason she will give this time. If 'Tory government cuts' are even part of the reason then I despair. I long for the day when someone in that joke of a party says it like it is.

fred c

Hubby works for Cwissy... I think we can forget any home truths here

Inspector Knacker

'I find it time to reluctantly stand down from my post as your Councillor. It is becoming untenable for me continue against a background savage cuts by the government  and it has got to the stage where I feel I can no longer do what I was elected to do is what you should put on your statement' Oops!
                           Yours sincerely.
                              Councillor Terry Plywood,
                                    Monkey Hanger Ward
                                    British West Hartlepool Council.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

People think I'm anti Labour, which is not strictly true.   I know there are/have been some decent people involved with the Labour Group in Hartlepool over the years.  Unfortunately the likes of 'the' SCAB's, Cranney, Mad Dog, Barclay, Richardson et al have screwed their own party over for too many years.

If Hartlepool Labour Group had decent leaders the likes of Sylvia could have come into her own and been an asset to Hartlepool.

I wish he well.

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 21, 2017, 06: PM
People think I'm anti Labour, which is not strictly true.   I know there are/have been some decent people involved with the Labour Group in Hartlepool over the years.  Unfortunately the likes of 'the' SCAB's, Cranney, Mad Dog, Barclay, Richardson et al have screwed their own party over for too many years.

If Hartlepool Labour Group had decent leaders the likes of Sylvia could have come into her own and been an asset to Hartlepool.

I wish he well.

I know what you are saying LE....... but I don't understand the thinking behind it, if she doesn't agree with the LabMob's modus operandi, she should have the courage of her convictions and tell the residents she was elected to represent exactly why she has decided to resign (If she has) her position, it would at least allow the residents of her ward to decide if they want to continue to support the LabMob in a by election, or vote to get shot of them by electing a non LabMob replacement.

jeffh

Agree totally with LE & Fred C - Headland & Harbour already have 2 UKIP councillors - what we now need is to make sure that the Labour opposition does not split the vote leaving Labour to scrape in.  Isn't this the time for UKIP to sit out and allow a strong independent candidate to stand against Labour - in the long run it would be better for the town.

mk1

Quote from: gerek on March 21, 2017, 07: PM
Agree totally with LE & Fred C - Headland & Harbour already have 2 UKIP councillors - what we now need is to make sure that the Labour opposition does not split the vote leaving Labour to scrape in.  Isn't this the time for UKIP to sit out and allow a strong independent candidate to stand against Labour - in the long run it would be better for the town.

You wish. UKIP are not interested in Hartlepool other than as a 'launching pad' for wannabe MPs. The only thing they think about is how can UKIP profit from this. It is 100% certain they will stand and if Labour get in then tough. Given how low the party have sunk nationally Hartlepool is to important (that tells you how bad it is for UKIP) for them not to exploit.

Land Phil

Would the Headland dare vote non Labour and risk parking meters, closure of all community services etc. ?

Heknocks68

Could be scope for Barclay, loves the Borough Hall for RAOB Meets, even tho he cant remember why he moved to the area!  His buddy Hartman is looking for somewhere else to "enter into" so should fit right in with his (Barclay) entourage, keep it up guys. Elections no issue, however mayor requeered for Tees Valley Cleveland, so scope available