Acting Chief Exec Quits

Started by steveL, September 05, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

christine blakey

I hope this now gives an opportunity to reduce wages as it shows that high wages do not keep staff here, but allow opportunity to achieve higher wages elsewhere.

No wonder the public sector is in such a mess as there is no wages to employ people on the ground as this wage bartering roundabout trundles on!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Christine, I used to be the biggest optimist you could ever imagine but experience has turned me into a bigger pessimist.

It will take something not short of a revolution to remove the greedy top ranks from the public and private institutions
that are driving us into the ground.

I am sure there will be a new over paid chief exec given a reward package that is not based on personal performance
or the performance of the town or customer satisfaction or any other from of accountability to the council tax payer.

If it is questioned, they will employ some over paid consultants to tell us what they want to hear or compare us to
another borough council that is just as bad, which makes it okay of course.

There should be more marching on the streets in solidarity against those we despise and to wake up the lazy non voters.
I don't believe it.

marky

Look at it this way. We've been without a fully functioning Chief Exec since August 2011 with other senior execs juggling around to fill the gaps. Has anyone noticed a difference? Conclusion - we have at least one senior exec too many.

The Great Dictator

Not a chance, you need to be very clever to be a chief executive.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

fred c

Hartlepool is Neck Deep in S*** and HBC has been led by clever people earning £150,000 plus per annum, thank goodness the council hasn`t been led by a football mascot

The size of the salary doesn`t guarantee competency in any sphere of employment, we have the perfect example of that in Hartlepool.

Councillors should take this opportunity to reduce the CEO salary to £100,000 per annum.... with an "Incentive Bonus" linked into the contract of employment.... if savings & efficiencies are made & public amenities & services are maintained a bonus would be paid to the CEO, if not £100,000 isn`t a bad bag of candy.

for fawkes sake

Interesting that within two or three years of Walker's 'Business Transformation Programme'  which set up the two new Super Directors, HBC will have lost both of those Directors and its Chief Exec. Word is that Dave Stubbs will take over as temp Chief Exec - he's the most Senior Exec left and the only Director.

Just like in Walker's case, this will work out quite nicely for Dave as it will inflate his final salary prior to retiring (he's 64). From Nicola Bailey's leaving letter, I think we can all deduce that her heart was never really in the job and that she always had a desire to move back to the NHS which says much about Walker's judgement.

. . . and all of this during the worst financial crisis the council has had to deal with in years.
Perhaps the Business Transformation Programme should be re-named 'Final Salary Transformation Program.'
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

You can't have officers earning more than the chief Fred, it has been discreetly designed this way over the past 20 years, we took our eye off the ball.

steveL

As we have seen, self-enrichment is the name of the game these days whether you're a Senior Exec, a Councillor involved in running an outreach centre, a Chief Constable or the director of a company dependant on public sector contracts. It's a sad but revealing list.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

I agree, the MP earned £6700 a week 4 years ago.

fred c

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/expenses-scandal-is-history-1-4905782

Not sure if this is the littlemans ex`s & salary... or just his ex`s

In answer to an previous comment on  this thread.

Quote from: testicles on September 07, 2012, 11: AM
You can't have officers earning more than the chief Fred, it has been discreetly designed this way over the past 20 years, we took our eye off the ball.

We have 1 director left running the show, plus a deputy CEO who i believe is on about £80,000 per anum, so if & when the director takes on the Temporary CEO position, Councillors should not appoint a new CEO or any more directors until after the November referendum result.

When that issue is resolved a more realistic & affordable salary package can be sorted out, we should not be bullied into offering ridicules sums of money to hyped up candidates just because other local authorities do so.

As mentioned by others on this thread, it is outrageous that leaders of local authorities earn more than the Prime Minister.

marky

I love that title prefix 'acting....'
When it comes down to it .......are they not all actors?

christine blakey

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mps-expenses-claim-1-4909087

Here are the latest expenses Claim details.

I agree with you Stig but I just keep trying to be positive about all of this!

I don't mind people being paid prosperously rather than in peanuts when they do a good job.  I think we need to demand details of what people do.  This will be really good for those who really do work tirelessly for us.  It is hard to evaluate when data is not available on schedules of work.

The Great Dictator

Stubbs and Bailey both earn £120,000 a year + on costs.