Councillors Ward Budgets

Started by fred c, February 02, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Another example of the use of councillors Ward Budgets to go along with the 'Free Waste' collection in Manor West & the 'Freebie Burger & Hotdog Offer' in Rift House........ £6550 pounds of council tax payers contribution paid to OFCA....... I would prefer my council tax to go on services that benefit the whole community & not just a very small minority.......maybe a couple of Dog S**t wardens for 1

Further to your Freedom of Information request, the following payments have been made to OFCA:

2013/14
6 individual Ward Member Budget payments were made totalling £3,200
Donation from the Civic Lottery £700

2014/15
6 individual Ward Member Budget payments were made totalling £900

2015/16
3 individual Ward Member Budget payments were made totalling £1,100
Donation from Northgate Investment Fund £965

2016/17
Donation from Holiday Hunger Initiative £2,160
3 individual Ward Member Budget payments were made totalling £1,350

The Council has not audited OFCA, or any other organisations receiving funding from the above sources as there are alternative and robust arrangements in place to ensure the Council receives the services it pays for as detailed below:

kevplumb

Quote from: Fred c The Council has not audited OFCA, or any other organisations receiving funding from the above sources as there are alternative and robust arrangements in place to ensure the Council receives the services it pays for as detailed below:
haway fred I've just nearly choked on my breakfast  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Ward budgets should be scrapped, if they want to go organising events etc pay for it themselves. It strikes me as out of order that council funding is given to politicians to shower treats or projects on their electorate.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

Quote from: Riddler5 on February 02, 2017, 12: PM
Ward budgets should be scrapped, if they want to go organising events etc pay for it themselves. It strikes me as out of order that council funding is given to politicians to shower treats or projects on their electorate.

Aka buying votes.