A picture paints a thousand disappointments

Started by Land Phil, December 09, 2016, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 11, 2016, 03: PM
Do you think they will be sending the award back?

http://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.co.uk/news/11684734.Blueprint_to_revitalise_Hartlepool_starts_to_yield_results_and_wins_award/#
Award for what ? Services to Pie in the Sky artists impressions at which we must surely be leading the field and world beaters?
On the positive side, with the massive appetite for ever more pretty pictures, we must be creating new jobs in the organisations that produce these colourful images who must surely be run off their feet.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

marky

This an award made by a Public Relations body for Public Relations organisations - or to put it another way, who do we think are the best spinners in the area? It shouldn't be any surprise that the press release itself has been spun to its last breath.

So far, the 'Vision;' has cost a fortune and produced absolutely nothing. So much so that they have been left to hijack things that were happening anyway and try desperately to claim them as being the result of a vision.

Winners so far: Public Relations firms, Buffet Caterers, people who produce glossy brochures and artists impressions, Adobe, eBay and Scrap Dealers.

Inspector Knacker

How long has this whole farce of giving us pretty pictures been going on ?
It's just a variation on a theme that never happens, it's not so much a vision, more a mirage, because it looks great, but as you get closer it evaporates and re-appears a bit further out of reach. And so it goes on.

SimonC

This is just the start. Many more very expensive pretty pictures will follow.

Inspector Knacker

The trouble is it isn't the start, it's the continuation of a depressing exercise in pie in the sky promises that never comes to fruition.
Election coming ? Bang out a few more fanciful images, problem solved.
I see no end to this cycle, it's a loop of promises that remains a loop.

SimonC

True. Maybe I should have said the start of yet another awful chapter in a truly terrible book.

testing times

I heard that Cranney has set up another company producing paint-by-numbers books which feature all of CAB's visions. Expect a press release telling us how it would make an ideal Christmas present etc etc

steveL

Quote from: testing times on December 15, 2016, 10: AM
I heard that Cranney has set up another company producing paint-by-numbers books which feature all of CAB's visions. Expect a press release telling us how it would make an ideal Christmas present etc etc

Well now we know what Calamity Chris will be buying Stephen this year.  ;) Incidentally, the going rate for Veuve Clicquot is £37 a bottle.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SimonC

I see he (cab)  is suggesting we go dry in January as we will lose weight, have more energy and clearer skin.

Hypocrite. Tighter skin maybe with Botox.

Inspector Knacker