A picture paints a thousand disappointments

Started by Land Phil, December 09, 2016, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/council-revises-plans-for-seaton-carew-after-longscar-ruling-1-8281766

More stupid art work. The picture is not even of a sea front, more a country park.

Considering those trying to make Seaton a better place (without filling their pockets) can't get funding to revamp the existing tennis courts, what hope has this.

Do we really think the Wilkies are going to redevelop the Longscar Hall or could it have been a ploy for an increased compulsory purchase price ?

The Great Dictator

Of course, why would you risk losing that plot for £177,000.

SimonC

Dear me . That drawing looks like it was done by some 8yr old with cheap market crayons. I bet they paid more than 99p for it. Idiots.

Inspector Knacker

Surely that's just a generic illustration and not location specific ? Are we being told that that piece of 'art work' was unique  and supposed to represent the actual location ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

This one is more specific

I note a seamless join of grass to beach when in reality  there is a bit of a drop down and a line of blocks as a breakwater  between the two.

Who can remember the time there were cabbages in that plot?

Note he is hanging on to the 'sunshade ' like grim death and the way the front fringe is bent upwards shows how much of a breeze there is.

akarjl

That chair looks like its struggling......what an advertisement for Seaton, does Peter Kay write media releases for the Kremlin?

stokoe

Pink shirt,pinkish parasol,pink champagne and heartbeat shithouse paper what more can a man want.

Inspector Knacker

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

The padding pool with fountains now seems to have turned into two.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I grew up in Seaton, beach huts, crazy golf, putting green, wooden beach cafes & north & south shelters

I realise nostalgia's not what it was, but times have changed, those facilities were complimented with youth clubs & beat police officers, to return to 'Beach Huts' is ludicrous, even if they were made from shipping containers they would be vandalised on a regular basis, the fountain would very quickly end up like Raymondo's Ward Jackson fountain or the Wesley showpiece.

A refurbishment of the bus station & clocktower isn't a Vision..... it is an essential part of Seaton Carew, the LabMobs claim for it to be part of their vision is smply ludicrous.

Seaton doesn't need much, improvements to the park & tennis courts, more small shelters & seats between the Staincliffe & The Marina....... what is essential is decent weather, even as it is, a nice day see's the place packed out.

Ohhhhh I forgot......All of the money from the sale of the Youthy should go to Seetun Crew & not to Cranneys Ub

Inspector Knacker

Seaton bus station is a classic Art Deco structure. My reason for this is I've noticed is over the past couple of years on my travels I've come across historic bus rally's at locations across the country and one I saw at Plymouth was a crowd puller. I checked this out and found even in the North East there are several regular events well attended, money makers and a location like Seaton bus station would be ideal. But then I thought who'd be organising it and buried the idea.

fred c

How often do you have to make yourself look like a complete T**t....... before you realise you actually are one.

Inspector Knacker

Some of the things they grab the credit for are more than likely despite them not because of them ?