Monday 31/10/16 Teesside Crown Court/ Court 1

Started by fred c, October 28, 2016, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

It's taken a long time but the Ex Labour Councillor her daughter & her pal are finally appearing in front of a judge for real.

Land Phil

Now will the Mail do a day by day, blow by blow report of the trial.
I am expecting not but it does show the Mail up for it's double standards.

fred c

Not much happened today, there was a reporter there but it was adjourned until 2pm, it was good to see them all sitting in the dock at last.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I've been informed that witnesses have been asked to stand down, but that the accused were still in court.

UPDATE - hear that the GUILTY plea has been given by at least one of those charged.

mk1

Lucy Lass-Tick

Sentencing is due on December 2nd.  Charges against the non-related party were dropped.

mk1

If a guilty plea ends the trial it will be over very quickly. Then the details of the other 11(?) charges are read out and unless you are in court to hear them you will not get the full story. Someone must be there to report what the prosecutor says about all the charges.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 31, 2016, 04: PM
Sentencing is due on December 2nd.  Charges against the non-related defendant were dropped.

2 options.

1. The others decided to take the blame for her (very unlikely)
2. She was turned and gave more details to the prosecution which made conviction a  certainty.. 

steveL

December 2nd is a Friday - Christmas has come early this year.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

madinpools

So which 1 is getting sentenced in December nd what happens with the charges for the other 2

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

lynda

Three years on and i never thought this day would come.I got a call from the police and i sat and cried. Years of stress pouring out.But there are those who still should have been held to account for failing in their duty of care to all employees of MRA. Ive been asked to prepare an Impact Statement for the sentencing and i intend to highlight that fact.

fred c

The fact the LabMob & the towns Member have never offered a word of support to Lynda or her work colleagues, says an awful lot about the Labour Party in Hartlepool, lets see if they now condem those responsible for the blatant abuse of public money.

From memory I believe Lynda & her colleagues are owed around £20,000, there are 33 councillors who each receive a ward budget of around £5000, I for one would have no problem if each councillor contributed £606 to pay those 4 employees their money....... ok, I realise it is public money...... but so was the shed loads of council tax payers money that went into that cesspit Cherridee.

DRiddle

Don't forget to mention the trustees, who ultimately are responsible for any financial losses, and how they let you all down. Although apparently, none of the people who said they were trustees, and who actually formally resigned from being trustees, were ACTUALLY trustees. . . Apparently.

I see this as the latest chapter of a saga that is far from finished.

In any 'normal' authority this would have brought down half the council. But then I guess in any 'normal' authority, this wouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place.

fred c

Mmmmmmmmmm let me think who could that be..... would one of them have been in it for the long haul on the Tuesday, only to resign on the Thursday