Where's Iain ?

Started by Land Phil, October 28, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

If you think Iain has done Hartlepool proud, you are on the wrong website.

I would like to suggest an appropriate alternative, but don't think one exists.

ReturntoZenda

www.brainlesslabourarsekissers.net ?

www.unabletodressyourself.org.uk ?

www.thickasfeckingmince.net ?

mk1

The positive comment about the wee fella was a flame bait by a poster who does nothing but try and start arguments. He delights in getting a response and the best  thing to do is just ignore him.

fred c

Ditto......don't feed the trolls

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Saying he spoke well on Sky News is a perfectly reasonable statement. This fixation you have with 'trolls' is starting to make you look a little childish.

steveL

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 03, 2016, 04: PM
Saying he spoke well on Sky News is a perfectly reasonable statement. This fixation you have with 'trolls' is starting to make you look a little childish.

Wright does quite well on the national news. I've seen him on Newsnight, Channel 4 News and News 24 and each time he has presented himself very well. He's clearly enjoying his 15 minutes of fame.

That said, while he has been all over the national news talking about BHS and Green as well as criticising Mike Ashley and Sports Direct for paying staff less than the minimum wage, locally he is more famous for hypocritically remaining absolutely silent when one of his own Councillors was similarly busy paying her own staff less than the minimum wage - a Labour Councillor who would later go on to plead guilty to £160,000 of fraudulent activity which robbed the purses of the taxpayer and national charities.

That makes Wright both a hypocrite and a coward and its why a passable appearance on Sky News counts for f*c* all.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Can't disagree with any of that. Thank you for a more reasoned response than usual.
I've never been a fan of his but he's growing as an nationally recognised MP (no heightist puns required). I would agree that he is forgetting the town he represents though.

Inspector Knacker

He can spout lyrical about national subjects to his hearts content in Westminster, but it looks like when he enters the local party's sphere of parish pump politics he becomes less opinionated and makes no waves.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Seatonair

Did anyone see Iain and his friend on Tyne Tees news?  Seems he has been waiting to pounce and make an example of Mike Ashley in Sports Direct spring.

Steely Dan

I despise Wright and he's done nothing at all to benefit Hartlepool during his tenure. But it has to be acknowledged (painful though it is) that his work on Sports Direct and BHS has been decent.

Just as he's about to be deselected by the local party, he's making a few waves.

Unfortunately his successor is likely to be worse than him. The local Labour Party gene pool is not exactly full of talent.

Seatonair

In isolation the work on BHS and Sports Direct seems sound but consider...

Manor Residents being ignored or not noticed

A little too late, as all the damage has been done, especially with BHS.

Much much more could have been done to legitimately let Iain Wright leave with the accolade that it was a job well done as Chair.  It is shocking that even just the snippets above can never be 'Wrighted because they were so Wrong Iain' and he continues to ignore what is on his doorstep!

It is just the media locally, regionally and nationally help him to be painted as politically correct.