jacksons landing on eBay

Started by steveL, October 13, 2016, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Has anyone actually rang the phone number ?

mk1

A recent message posted on The Mail story about Jackson's Landing

It is obvious deliberate trolling by (I believe) a member here who saw the comments  about UKIP claiming the credit.  They must be stupid if they think it will start a 'heated debate'. Anyone like like to have a stab at who could be so childish?
Note the time of the Mail comment for a clue.

kevplumb

bit obvious who  mk 1  ;D
mine went in at 5:19  :)
and the only reason for the username is this one was apparently taken
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

Quote from: kevplumb on October 14, 2016, 07: PM
Quote from: fred c on October 14, 2016, 06: PM
Will they move the motion that HBC submit to a full independent inquiry/investigation into the way the council spends public money & conducts its business ?

bout the same time you shoot that flying pig down fred  :(

:) :) :)

Inspector Knacker

If you sold a car for scrap prices , you'd expect it to be scrapped. You would be a tad surprised to see it advertised for sale as a goer by the scrapyard. So if you sell a retail shed for demolition you expect it to be demolished, not disassembled and resold as a complete structure.?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 14, 2016, 08: PM
If you sold a car for scrap prices , you'd expect it to be scrapped. You would be a tad surprised to see it advertised for sale as a goer by the scrapyard. So if you sell a retail shed for demolition you expect it to be demolished, not disassembled and resold as a complete structure.?
Riddler5
it's a common practice with steel framed buildings
firm i used to work for did the same with overhead cranes and tracks
tear them down for nothing
you make your money on the erection(oooh missus)
worth more as a building than scrap
and if they get to put it back up  KERCHING
but why wasn't it mentioned at the time of the decision being taken
cos the scabs think we are all dickheads that's why
i thought from the start this deal wasn't kosher just couldn't put my finger on why
well now it's becoming a bit obvious
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

Land Phil

Didn't one of the SCABS say he had plans for Jackson's Landing ?

Not quite what came into my head, but maybe this is what they meant ?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kevplumb on October 14, 2016, 08: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on October 14, 2016, 08: PM
Riddler5
it's a common practice with steel framed buildings
firm i used to work for did the same with overhead cranes and tracks
tear them down for nothing
you make your money on the erection(oooh missus)
worth more as a building than scrap
and if they get to put it back up  KERCHING
but why wasn't it mentioned at the time of the decision being taken
cos the scabs think we are all dickheads that's why
i thought from the start this deal wasn't kosher just couldn't put my finger on why
well now it's becoming a bit obvious

I'm aware of that, what my point is, is why use the word demolition when  when it's  more a case of dismantling for resale?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

totally agree
it's a total deception
nothing new there then
bet theres been some e mails flying of late tho

fred c

I notice the Tin Shed & Ebay article seems to have disappeared from the Mail web site, has someone from the Kremlin been on the dog n bone to Joy.......it is still available via the link on page 2 of this thread.

the_exile

Just to add fuel to the fire I am aware that the original demolition business contracted to demolish the building, were going to do just that.................... scrap it!!!!!!

Then at the last minute the contract is taken off them and given to a competitor, who lo and behold have a "better" idea.................... or simply put an idea that results in more revenue available to "distribute" but unfortunately not to the beleagured council tax payers of Hartlepool.

This deal stinks to high heaven, and has stunk from day 1

not4me

so so sad that all it takes is a phone call to dictate what appears and what doesn't appear in the paper. Stories wold normally filter down for a few days before they disappear but not this one.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: not4me on October 15, 2016, 08: PM
so so sad that all it takes is a phone call to dictate what appears and what doesn't appear in the paper. Stories wold normally filter down for a few days before they disappear but not this one.
If it was a phone call from the Kremlin (I thought they had all gone missing?) it didn't come soon enough to stop the article being printed on page 4 of this evening's paper. With Cranney defending and Tennant decrying the actions of the demolition company, it makes good reading alongside the article on page 5 ( complete with photo of Mr. Richardson looking shifty ) regarding the estimated £337,000 extra costs incurred by the council as a result of changes to the law regarding Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.

steveL

You can't help but wonder . . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Foggy

Typical CAB arrogance there.  I can't wait to hear what his plans are.

I've noticed a couple of Labour Councillors are commenting on the topic on Facebook but attempting to play dumb and making out that everyone else is mad.  This is something that they do on a regular basis, both on Facebook and in council meetings.

One in particular asked "What questions do you want me to answer?"  Predictably when asked a number of questions on the topic he stayed quieter than Jean Robinson.  Same Councillor also pointed out that CAB and SAB are 'Two unemployed people who are employed"  I guess it depends on your definition of the word 'employed'  ::)