jacksons landing on eBay

Started by steveL, October 13, 2016, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Seems that the seller has withdrawn the original listing

'This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing. '

steveL

If that's the case then as soon as 'the error' is corrected one would expect it to re-appear.

Just hours after the story appears on The Post the listing is taken down - looks to me like someone didn't expect it to be spotted.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

there was an error in the listing

it was to early and as steve L says they hoped nobody would spot it

methinks questions need asking about this lot sharpish
notice the dynamic duo are out of the way again     coincidence ???
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 14, 2016, 12: PM
The quote is for SITE CLEARANCE, NO SELF RESPECTING DEMOLITION COMPANY WOULD REMOVE THE OUTER SHELL OF A BUILDING THEN LEAVE.

I'm never surprised as to how many paranoid thick people comment on this site.

I haven't read anything that even remotely suggests such a thing. There is nothing to stop the demolition company itself selling on the dismantled building either through eBay or to another party to do the same.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

has anyone phoned the number yet - it's only a matter of time, surely.

Land Phil

Look at the negative comment against the seller.

jeffh

If it's the case there are three buildings at a starting price of £45,000, and they sell, the true cost of the demolition will be £175,000 and not the "justified only £40,000"?
Looks like they are being economical with the truth as they were with the car parking income - £1,260,000 versus £435,000

mk1

If you check his feed back you can see he has sold girders/roof sections before  for substantial amounts. It is very unlikely it was a spoof 'sale'.

not4me

mk1

Appears UKIP are jumping in so expect to see then claiming the credit. Obviously Tom tipped then off!

not4me

only 1 negative feedback but an important one:

"beware this seller asked for transaction to be done ilegally"

mk1

Quote from: not4me on October 14, 2016, 06: PM
only 1 negative feedback but an important one:

He has 5 negatives. Go through all his feedback to see them.

DRiddle

I'm not sure how UKIP managed to get into The Mail regarding this. There's only one local party explicitly associated with exposing this story . . . And it ain't UKIP.

Hey ho, let's see if the follow it up with real action in full council, or if they just leave it to me and Paul.

fred c

Will they move the motion that HBC submit to a full independent inquiry/investigation into the way the council spends public money & conducts its business ?

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on October 14, 2016, 06: PM
Will they move the motion that HBC submit to a full independent inquiry/investigation into the way the council spends public money & conducts its business ?

bout the same time you shoot that flying pig down fred  :(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment