jacksons landing on eBay

Started by steveL, October 13, 2016, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

jeffh

There'll be a few councillors who will see this as a bargain and buy it - riding centre at McCranney's Farm?

fred c

steveL

Apparently not... two buildings....£45,000 each

"Here we have a redundant shopping mall for sale. There are two self standing lean to type buildings, standing opposite each other, with a glass dome down the middle. Each building is 81mts long, 21 mtrs wide. The height on the outside is 7 mtrs, rising to 9 mtrs at the front. Each building has a box profile roof. If these two buildings were erected opposite each other, with a forty foot RSJ across, with new cladding, it would give you an extra 10,600 sq ft - 984 sq mtrs, at very little cost. You are bidding on one building. Can be seen standing in Hartlepool, prior to take down, can deliver and erect. Please call Richard on 07836 687220 for further info."
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

so they will be dismantling them free of charge  ::)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

testing times

Isn't now obvious that the full details of this episode have yet to be revealed

kevplumb

There's  a rabbit off somewhere without a shadow of a doubt  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lord Elpus

Quote from: kevplumb on October 14, 2016, 10: AM
There's  a rabbit off somewhere without a shadow of a doubt  >:(

The way I see it I suspect someone could be getting a significant bung, or it could just be an example of gross incompetence. 

Bearing in mind the 'Council Leaders' who would have been involved in the 'project', could it have been a mixture of both?

steveL

Not forgetting that the demolition contractor was switched from Buckley's at Middlesbrough to MGL in Durham with no explanation.

https://www.duedil.com/company/01051184/m-g-l-demolition-limited

Alnwickist

There are three  sections for sale. That means 3 x 45k. plus 80 k demolishon.

Just makes you wonder were the society wedding of the year was paid for . Is it just me thats wondering.

steveL

I read it as only two buildings

Alnwickist

One either side and the central main section.All separate.

Land Phil

Who gets the money for the buildings ?

The Great Dictator

The quote is for SITE CLEARANCE, NO SELF RESPECTING DEMOLITION COMPANY WOULD REMOVE THE OUTER SHELL OF A BUILDING THEN LEAVE.

I'm never surprised as to how many paranoid thick people comment on this site.

fred c

You have got to ask the question.......

Why on earth didn't the council advertise the building in this way.... not on ebay, but there is a trade press for these sort of buildings, there are literally dozens of uses for this type of structure.... ie. golf club storage & maintenance buildings, grain storage, garage maintenance, boat house etc etc.

This type of building is essentially a bolt together structure, the foundation structure is set out & the rest of the steel work just bolts together, then the cladding is added.

I certainly don't think it is being paranoid to be cynical about the circumstances surrounding the decision to demolish the building, if it was an isolated instance of public money being used maybe, but considering the benchmarks for the use public money under the present ruling group are...... MRA, Who Cares N/E & The Cafe in the Crem.... I think not