Lost in the Post - Again

Started by steveL, June 10, 2016, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

A busy time coming up for the leading couple. Not long after fixing Mammy Belcher up with a £90,000 bungalow and researching the earliest date she can slam in a Right-to-Buy application after claiming the maximum discount, THE SCABS are also busy organising their Wynyard Hall Wedding to take place in September.

The two of them, already in a Civil partnership, are reported to be on holiday at the moment (destination as yet unknown), leaving Mammy Belcher to do much of the arrangements at a reported £150 per head - invitations have already gone out apparently. It will be interesting to see which Labour Councillors have been left off the list and whether the transport arrangements include Bishop Auckland. Our understanding is that the full guest list reads like the equivalent of a Capone Reunion - certainly no one will be paying full price for a packet of cigs.

A honeymoon will follow soon afterwards which, all in all, means there'll be little time focussing on council or Combined Authority matters in the next few months let alone Christopher's newly awarded Healthwatch contract.

Now all of this may well be dependent on the new Developers Charter sorry, Local Plan going through unmodified - including the new 106 arrangements, can't really say at the moment. What I can say is that once again, my invitation seems to have been lost in the post while Joy's, I hear, was hand-delivered.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Wynyard Hall? Surely Wynyard Community centre hall on the Manor ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I'll check my doormat every morning for mine. . . I imagine I might get to be an usher or be the ring bearer or something.

mk1

Kevin F*anny has sold the rights to 'ello Magazine.  Expect adds where the two  lovers are munching on cartwheel size  Pizza  Anthea Turner style!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2001/mar/16/marketingandpr.broadcasting

mk1

seaton

fred c

It's a Civic Wedding (if you factor allowances) into the equation, so it would be appropriate if every council tax payer in the town was invited, maybe a Church St Party.

What it does show us, is that for all the bulls**t & bluster surrounding the SCABS  Visions, there isn,t a 'Suitably Grand Venue' in Hartlepool for their special occasion......

A case of 'Do what I say'......... Not........... 'Do what I do'

jawsbbc

think they are in scarborough in the grand hotel i believe ;D

Land Phil

I think I m last night in BBC2, holidays for billionaires  ;D

marky

Quote from: jawsbbc on June 11, 2016, 08: AM
think they are in scarborough in the grand hotel i believe ;D

ugh....how very, very common

jawsbbc

well it is the grand hotel   ::)

seaton

Quote from: seaton on June 11, 2016, 04: AM

I tried to post the picture of 'lovely' couple on  SAB's profile on FB, didn't 'paste'

Lord Elpus

I wonder if they'll honeymoon in Bournemouth, a place that holds so many 'special' memories for both of them.

steveL

Well if anyone is thinking of ornaments as a wedding present then I suggest they stick to pewter or plastic ... ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

jawsbbc