Will Moore’s Presence in the Council Chamber Finally Unhinge the Poison Dwarf?

Started by Lord Elpus, May 08, 2016, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

i think the situation in Foggy Furze will have to go down as a 'missed opportunity' for UKIP. Darren did his best but he should have had more backing from the party. Jonathan Arnott is sat on his backside in Elwick Road doing got knows what a lot of the time, he should have pulled out all the stops from within the regional UKIP ranks to help Darren take the seat.

Taking the seat of a Labour council leader in a town that's been Labour for 60 years would have been worth its weight in gold to their 2020 campaign (if there is one).

It didn't happen and people observing the count could see it was virtually over by 10.15pm. UKIP were a mile behind off the postal votes, I'd estimate 200-300 behind from the off. Darren won the ballot boxes consistently, not by masses, but by a fair few each time, but he was too far behind to clay it back.

Whoever organised his postal vote lost the seat.

Still, if he comes back to take on Kayleigh Sirs in 2018 I bet the Labour campaign in Foggy Furze is scaled back significantly. CAB and Cranney would most likely rather he took her seat than came back for another crack at either of them.

Foggy

Why is there such a significant difference between the postal votes and the ballot box votes?

marky

Can someone explain who is running the labour group at the moment because it's looking like Wells has assumed that job?  ::) ::)

beanzontoast

foggy, the difference between the Postal votes, and the ballot box votes is those with the postal votes will ALWAYS vote, well lets have a margin of error say 90%. The ballot box vote relates to the turnout of voters at the polling stations, if it`s a low turnout this indicates not many people went to polling stations, a high turnout is of course well i`m sure you get my drift.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on May 08, 2016, 07: PM
foggy, the difference between the Postal votes, and the ballot box votes is those with the postal votes will ALWAYS vote, well lets have a margin of error say 90%. The ballot box vote relates to the turnout of voters at the polling stations, if it`s a low turnout this indicates not many people went to polling stations, a high turnout is of course well i`m sure you get my drift.

I think the point (which you seem to have totally missed) was nearly every postal vote was cast for Labour. Given Labour  have total control of the postal votes from all the care homes and unlimited access (with some councillors even running these 'vote farms') to same what can we expect?
I wonder how many senior citizens with advanced Alzheimers ended up voting Labour?

beanzontoast

With due respect MK1, I answered foggy`s question, was i correct in that answer, you gave too much information, however should your views be correct you could have included the solution to correct the ( Vote Farm ) unfairness. I would appreciate any evidence of wrongdoing that would hold up in a court of law.