Will Moore’s Presence in the Council Chamber Finally Unhinge the Poison Dwarf?

Started by Lord Elpus, May 08, 2016, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

The front page story; 'Will Moore's Presence in the Council Chamber Finally Unhinge the  Poison Dwarf?'  is a very accurate account of the current state of play of the so call Conservative Party in Hartlepool.

In effect there is only Wells and Loynes, Morris is in such poor health he can not be depended upon to make even a six monthly show.  Why he stood at all last year was beyond me.

I hope Shane and the UKIP group watch out for the many 'bear traps' that the 'Odious Little t*a*' will be planning over the next few months.  I also hope they have the sense to insist on full briefings from Gill Alexander on a very regular basis, she has a legal obligation to keep the UKIP Group in the loop and not freeze them out.

I also think Cllr Black could be another thorn in the Lab/Con cabals side.

fred c

I fully admit to being a cynic about the political situation in Hartlepool, which is possibly why i have the long held impression that the LabTor Mob appear to be far better informed about the management policies & plans of HBC, than others within the elected group of councillors.

It would certainly be interesting to see the results of a snap Peer Review Group report if one were to take place in the next couple of weeks.

Wishful thinking of course considering the difficulty in gaining full discosure of the last one.

Land Phil

Last peer review didn't change anything did it ?
I don't think the ruling mob were embarrassed as they are so far up their own ar** to care.

I am sure the newbies will be appear as rightful pains to the ruling group but seeing Brash, Riddle and Thompson giving passionate reasoned intelligent and most of all unarguably correct speeches in the chamber and being ignored, they too will be ignored sadly by officers as much as their opposition councillors.

Lord Elpus

Quote from Land Phil; 'they too will be ignored sadly by officers as much as their opposition councillors'.

Unfortunately that is true in the case of some Officers but certainly not all.  I know Officers who in the past have not wanted to be seen talking to me after a meeting, the reason was clear, they knew they'd get a hard time from so called Civic Leaders.

I know bullying is the reason HBC has lost some very good Officers over recent years, I can think of three who made it very plain to me why they were leaving.  One was even asked to change his professional opinion on a planning matter.

Officers have a legal obligation to brief elected members, a simple request for all Groups to receive the same briefings should ensure that happens.  In the past one CEO was not very good at making this happen, but he was too political and should have never got the job.  Even the Peer Review said that very clearly.

fred c

I have to agree... but my point was that another Peer review would, at the very least show them up to the wider public for what they are, half a dozen self serving no goods who hold the rest of the elected councillors in contempt, including members of their own parties.

Sooner of later Labour in Hartlepool need to get there head around the fact that there is the very real prospect of Labour becoming a Marginal seat, people i speak to have become more aware of what goes on with the LabTor Mob & the towns Member, an awful lot of them would, if there were a General Election next week Vote to get rid of Wright

Lord Elpus

The original reason for the posting was as a follow up to the front page story.

I've watch Wells over a few years and in my opinion he appears extremely stressed. I would not be surprised to hear that he suffers from a serious eating disorder.  Wells is walking a tightrope, he knows what the likes of Mad Dog, Richardson and Co think of him, he probably feels the same about them.

I'm a warm and sensitive person but I felt the vibes that perhaps he did not like me as much as he could have, but he obviously has a serious issue with Shane and UKIP.

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 08, 2016, 10: AM

but he obviously has a serious issue with Shane and UKIP.

Will we see him charging across the Chamber ala Cranney at some point  :) :) :)

The Great Dictator

Early indications suggest that UKIP will get absolutely nothing in the new council.

steveL

It's often said that you could put a Red Rosette on anything in Hartlepool and it would be voted in for Labour put it really isn't true.

I've been doing a bit of stats on the Labour vote over the last few years and it's clear that Labour support in Hartlepool is in terminal decline and under CAB that decline has accelerated dramatically. However, you don't need stats to prove the point, a look at the Labour faces last Thursday night would tell you that they know it.

The current voting system can produce very weird results but the Labour stone has been rolling down to the edge of the cliff for a few years now and it's only a matter of time now before it reaches it.

The result in Foggy Furze nay have been frustrating but make no mistake, CAB was on his way out last Thursday - 80 votes remember.. His ar** was saved by a lack lustre UKIP campaign and by Ray Wells.

UKIPPERS must be ruing the fact that with just a little more effort, Darren Price would have been a councillor by now but the reality is that I was talking to someone who lives in Foggy Furze last night who told me that he never did get a UKIP leaflet - not one. Against that you have a two-month campaign by Labour to save the Leader's ar**.

The other factor was Ray Wells persuading Dr Menabawey to call for the re-election of both Wells and CAB and printing the doctor's endorsement on both Tory and Labour leaflets.

Those two factors alone gave CAB the extra 80 votes he received to survive. If UKIP had got their act together and the good Doctor had stayed out of it CAB would be history by now and there would have been a rush on Veuve Clicquot everywhere.

We had a chat with the Doctor which will appear shortly on the site.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 08, 2016, 10: AM
Early indications suggest that UKIP will get absolutely nothing in the new council.

The more the Tory/Labour Coalition behave like North Korea the better the long-term position of any opposition will be. As I said earlier, Wells was heard giving instructions to the Labour mob on Thursday 'to freeze them out'. It's always personal with Wells and it will be his undoing ... looks like the unhinging process has already begun.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

QuoteEarly indications suggest that UKIP will get absolutely nothing in the new council.

And if they have any sense UKIP won't be trying to alter that situation this year. They need to realise they're getting votes because people see them as opposition to Labour, not an extension of it. It's the same with PHF, we've taken 7 seats across 4 different wards in recent years because people trust us to be what we'll say we'll be, opposition to the mob.

Any sniff of UKIP doing deals with the like of the SCABS and Cranney and they can forget about coming back for another bite at Iain Wright in 2020.

UKIP need to play a 2-4 year long game. Let the likes of Cranney and Wells keep doing what they're doing, oppose it, expose it and sit back and watch them implode in time.

There are 6 Labour councillors up for re-election in 2018, at least 4 of which are beatable. In 2019 there are NINE, 3 of which are in wards Labour lost last week. A lot depends on the outcome of 'brexit' obviously but I'd say Labour will be clipped to around 19 seats in 2018 and to 16 in 2019.

Imagine if Labour only hold 16 seats in Hartlepool a year before a general election. There'll be an scrap for who gets to contest the best local seats and the meek within Labour who have allowed the last 3 years to happen will be the first for the chop if the SCABS still have the power.

The meek need to get their heads together and take the reigns now.

Who knows, it maybe the case that they already have.  ::)

Lord Elpus

Watch Wells in a meeting, observe the way he lays out his pen, phone, cup and papers,  then rearranges his sleeves and watch.  Always the same ritual, always in the same order.

Could this suggest a leaning toward OCD

DRiddle

Speaking in a general sense and not about any individual, if a person does have a condition related to abnormal cognitive processing, Freud used so say such a situation was often caused by the persons relationship with their father.

Although that of course assumes that they have a relationship with their father.

Foggy

Quote from: steveL on May 08, 2016, 10: AM
The result in Foggy Furze nay have been frustrating but make no mistake, CAB was on his way out last Thursday - 80 votes remember.. His ar** was saved by a lack lustre UKIP campaign and by Ray Wells.

UKIPPERS must be ruing the fact that with just a little more effort, Darren Price would have been a councillor by now but the reality is that I was talking to someone who lives in Foggy Furze last night who told me that he never did get a UKIP leaflet - not one. Against that you have a two-month campaign by Labour to save the Leader's ar**.

The other factor was Ray Wells persuading Dr Menabawey to call for the re-election of both Wells and CAB and printing the doctor's endorsement on both Tory and Labour leaflets.

Those two factors alone gave CAB the extra 80 votes he received to survive. If UKIP had got their act together and the good Doctor had stayed out of it CAB would be history by now and there would have been a rush on Veuve Clicquot everywhere.

We had a chat with the Doctor which will appear shortly on the site.

That is something that I would be very interested to see ;)

As for Foggy Furze, I was very concerned about the UKIP campaign and, although I did receive one leaflet, I was hoping I would receive a another (better) one in the days leading up to the election. I didn't. I'm sure a number of people who have helped deliver leaflets for Darren if he had asked.

I know people who live on the Fens and it seems the campaign from Bob Buchan was much better. I was actually surprised that he won by as many votes as he did in the end.

I think another factor in Foggy Furze is that at the end of the day some people just couldn't bring themselves to vote for UKIP. From what I've heard, some people either didn't vote at all or went for the fake Tory (Ray's daughters boyfriend I believe). So I guess 'Bill' Reeve did the job Ray intended.

Lord Elpus

Quote D Riddle; 'The meek need to get their heads together and take the reigns now.  Who knows, it maybe the case that they already have'.

No way, a pack of spineless, snivelling cowards.  Not one has the balls to put their head above the parapet. 

They should be ashamed that they have let the likes of the SCAB's Mad Dog, Richardson and Cranney screw them all over.

It'll be a case of 'bend over and grab your ankles again', (metaphorically speaking).  Our glorious Leader knows best.